Official Guns Thread

That's funny Bob, I just ordered some IMI 9mm ammo yesterday. Had never heard of it, but it had very good reviews. I think I read that it was made in Israel.

Some changes on the bolt rifle I am putting together.

Instead of a Lilja barrel, my buddy found a Sendero contour Hart barrel and sent it to me.

Its heavier than I wanted......but it will be okay. Gunsmith said it is tough to turn down an already profiled barrel. Lots of chatter can happen.

So I will get the heavier channel stock and be happy. Got to buy some bottom metal as the new donor rifle is an ADL Remington.

Also will be using a Trigger Tech trigger instead of Timney. I believe they are made in Canada....and they are great.

Oh, it will still be a 6mm Improved. Gunsmith and I will do the work. Pretty stoked that he is going to let me help.

Another project I am working on is a Model 700 in .264 Win mag. Buddy and I bought a matched pair.

Working on some reloading now with a powder that is not listed anywhere for .264. Alliant Reloader 33.

So far I am getting 3130 with 73 grains of R 33 and a 140 grain Match King. Got some loaded now with 73.5 grains.

Want to end up with an accurate 3250 FPS.

That's an expensive hobby Jim, a man is never satisfied with only one gun...

TOP TEN REASONS MEN PREFER GUNS OVER WOMEN:

And here we go...

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the Number One reason
Why Men Prefer Guns over women...

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun.

Another project I am working on is a Model 700 in .264 Win mag. Buddy and I bought a matched pair. Working on some reloading now with a powder that is not listed anywhere for .264. Alliant Reloader 33. So far I am getting 3130 with 73 grains of R 33 and a 140 grain Match King. Got some loaded now with 73.5 grains.
Do you have a chronograph Jim? I'm curious how you're working that load up without any data. My advice would be to let your buddy shoot first.;)

Buddy those top ten are hilarious!

Here's my most recent purchase. I tried it out last week at sporting clays and did well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JWI88GhXG9w" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a nice looking shotgun Mellow. Interesting concept with the barrel extension. However I noticed there was a grouse engraved on the shotgun and they called it waterfoul...

Some changes on the bolt rifle I am putting together.

Instead of a Lilja barrel, my buddy found a Sendero contour Hart barrel and sent it to me.

Its heavier than I wanted......but it will be okay. Gunsmith said it is tough to turn down an already profiled barrel. Lots of chatter can happen.

So I will get the heavier channel stock and be happy. Got to buy some bottom metal as the new donor rifle is an ADL Remington.

Also will be using a Trigger Tech trigger instead of Timney. I believe they are made in Canada....and they are great.

Oh, it will still be a 6mm Improved. Gunsmith and I will do the work. Pretty stoked that he is going to let me help.

Another project I am working on is a Model 700 in .264 Win mag. Buddy and I bought a matched pair.

Working on some reloading now with a powder that is not listed anywhere for .264. Alliant Reloader 33.

So far I am getting 3130 with 73 grains of R 33 and a 140 grain Match King. Got some loaded now with 73.5 grains.

What pray tell was all that malarkey in the other thread about all you do is work??

Look at all these fun projects. Oh, you are probably feeling guilty as hell about all this so its not really fun:/:

That's a nice looking shotgun Mellow. Interesting concept with the barrel extension. However I noticed there was a grouse engraved on the shotgun and they called it waterfoul...

Yes, I noticed that as well. It's made in Turkey... maybe something got lost in the translation.

Here's my most recent purchase. I tried it out last week at sporting clays and did well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JWI88GhXG9w" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Pretty unique design Mellow. Does the short rib affect your sight picture with the barrel extensions?
Although I'm not as big a bird hunter as I used to be, the 870 is the only scattergun I've hunted with for several years. Choke tubes have been a game changer as far as shotguns go.

I made myself a shooting table for my 200yd point for Christmas. Been meaning to do it. Had the wood alead from the mill. Just sort of slapped it together from my head after a couple of revisions :lol:
Stout. Now I just have to level it out where I placed it and remove some brush for a good line of sight.

Attachments

• 20171225_165039.jpg
    20171225_165039.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 30
  • 20171225_165028.jpg
    20171225_165028.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 32
Hey, at least you have 400 yards :D
I have too many obsticles in places.
They said they were going to set up a 1000 yard range at the Fish and Game range. Looking forward to that :)

Same here, and a couple roads. I have a corridor to a hill in the back, but I bet it ain't 300 and I would have to shoot from the main road. Might scare some body :lol:

Back