Official Guns Thread

Well I just found a purpose for these canary island date palm rounds. They make excellent targets for both archery and guns.
No ricochets easy to pull out arrows and they don't really rot!

Cut the palm rounds to about 6" or so thick so you can move em about easily. Set them up on its edge. Step back and let fly

They don't have annual growth rings. More like a massive fiber optic bundle. They can almost completely bend over in high winds. Tropical tree

i am pretty sure they are grass not a true tree

edit: Palm trees, of which more than 2,000 species exist, are grouped botanically with grasses, sedges, bamboo, grains, lilies, onions, and orchids. In fact, as it turns out, a palm tree has more in common genetically with turf grass or corn than it has with an oak tree! A palm tree is truly a grass giant!Jan 26, 2014

Been watching a few youtube videos that referred to "red flag laws." I was surprised to see in one that there had already been gun confiscation in the US after Hurricane Katrina. I think they referred to one other time and place as well.

Is anyone familiar with more particulars on this?

Yesterday's project

American Rifle Company Mausingfield 6.5 Creedmoor, 26" Benchmark AMU 8 twist 3 groove
18c807fc7f3b91cd050341a4ae6912e8.jpg
6" 6 jaw Buck AdjustTrue with spider on other end of spindle, pressurized oil feed through barrel for reaming.
3c98ba2ec25be76e7394776458c30539.jpg

Once that was done, I made a ring that will pass a knot so I can do a remote double ring rigging point.
IMG_0807.jpg

ARC Mausingfield is a 700 footprint, but very different. Designed and produced by a mad scientist hippy type mechanical engineer. Lots of confliction there huh? I think it’s a piece of artwork from a machining and design perspective. My favorite rifle.

No more mad, than he was smart enough to copy two very good designs.

These are produced in Montana.

They are beautifully machined and feel wonderful in the hand.

I dream of owning a rifle built on a Defiance action someday.

Deviant_Elite_Beauty_Flat_HR.jpg

Maybe you can get there before I visit, and I can feel the difference for myself.
It sure looks fine.

I haven't given up on making it up your way, Jim.
I try to make myself belive that it is merely postponed.

Defiance actions are top shelf for sure. Much more common than ARC, but I think a lot of that could be contributed to the owner/engineer/builder of the ARC being very quirky. ARC supply is a slow trickle of high demand product. Defiance is run like a company should be, very reliable business model with timely, predictable delivery, on a high demand product. I believe they even came out with a controlled round feed action as well. I think you'll be very happy when you get your hands on a Defiance, get your action and make a trip over to S.E. WA and we'll barrel it up.

I might have to do that someday.

My gunsmith friend that I used to work for has cancer. Time is getting tight.

We were going to build a 6mm Improved on a 700 action recently.....I have all the bits and pieces gathered up.

Three bad years in a row on the farm kind of put a kibosh on custom gun plans.

Back