Official Guns Thread

The M2 just throws out too much shrapnel within 10 feet of the muzzle. I guess the lands and groves taking its bite out of the copper jacket. The USA seems to be quiet happy with the mufreesboro tn semi auto version.

Alot of folks carry round these mountainous parts. I've seen sentries in the parking lots of pay as you stay motels with shotguns. I'd not kill to save my own life or my property as far as that goes. I mean really, taking a life for any amount of money is just lunacy. I would only take a life in order to save another from death or rape.

How do you know when an ass-whupping turns deadly until it's to late?

I'd have no problem whatsoever. I'd TCOB then sleep that night like a baby.

Well - an old baby.

Whatca shooting them 405's out of?

My 1886 reproduction 45-70 has such a short throat that I can only get one 405 cast bullet to chamber.....and they go through the target sideways.

I dont think it would chamber a 500.

Thinking about running a throating reamer down the chamber so I have a bit more leeway.

BFR is an appropriate acronym for that wheel gun of fun. I prefer the rifle for that cartridge. My 44 mag is a good back up in the bush if needed. That BFR makes my wrist hurt looking at it. :lol:

Did a little online shopping today. 840 rounds of M855 and a new trigger from Larue for one of my AR type rifles. Haven't been doing much with the guns of late, but I'm getting excited about building a range again.

Learned a new one here.

Never heard the 5.56x45mm called that before.

Must be a Yank thing:lol:

Maybe you would know it as SS109? To us it is M855, to NATO it is SS109. 62 grain 5.56x45mm with tungsten steel penetrator. Ours has a green tip. The green tip does not mean it is M855, it means it is not M193 if that makes sense.

I'd guess my not having served in the military has something to do with it.

Looking to get a .22 mag revolver for target shooting and occasional animal dispatch. Any suggestions on brand or models?

I've never heard of the single nine, or ten.

I have an Old Model (Three Screw) Single Six convertible. It was my grandfather's. I've only shot the Magnum cylinder. It has the crispest, no creep trigger I've ever shot.

Back