Official Guns Thread

Justin, have you seen these? Can probably find a better color/ pattern. Maybe could rig up a locking system with a steel cable. Keeps it out of sight.
154487_ts.jpg

Ohhh I like that Johnny. And I'm wanting a seat cover too. I'm gonna research those some. I've been looking around the web at all sorts of gun racks and storage methods and had not seen that not once. I could bolt a short cable to the floor and lock it that way I think. Keeps it all upfront. Convenient.

Thanks for the input too Jim I'll look those models up.

You like that enfield 303? What does 'sporterized' mean? But 308 or 223 would be a better size? For what reason(s)? Sorry to pester. I've little to no knowledge around firearms.

A short barreled 12 ga pump makes a good truck gun and they are fun plinkers too.

Here's a pic of mine.

It's 18"s I think? Maybe 18.5"? Legal in Canada anyways. Bought new at the local gun store legally. I bet that shorter barrel is nice.

View attachment 88814

Killer bedspread I know. :D

Just goes to show not all Canadians are sitting around blissfully disarmed.

This is the 870 I have already. It would fit the bill. Just looking for a cheap rifle that will be fun to shoot and I won't mind it getting bounced around in the truck. impromptu backwoods beer can shooting and the like.

Ruger 10/22 wrote the book on plinking.
Soo much customization possible too.
.22 long rifle is probably the cheapest and most plentiful ammo around.

Ok. Cool. Jonny I can't find a seat cover like that one pictured for sale anywhere. I found that photo online and links to some sportsmanguide store but it says sold out and I can't find a single other similar one online? I'll keep looking though. Seems a good/convenient design.

I think I should probably get a .22. I'd like something my kid could shoot with too. I think she'd like to get out and try it.

I'd get the Marlin Glenfield Model 70 in 22LR. It looks to be in excellent condition and Marlin is a well known reliable brand. It is a bit overpriced. I'd try to talk them down to $200 or less.

I think Sportsmans Guide catalog is where I first saw them too.
http://www.daniels-auto-fashions.com/saddle_blanket_seat_covers.htm

I think these are tailored to the truck make and model.

Thanks man. Those look like top quality too and they ship internationally to a canucklehead like myself. I was just looking at saddle blanket seat covers the other day. The pricing looks reasonable too. 8)

I appreciate the input Brett. I'll look that one over here.

So I'm kind of looking at a marlin 795 now as a cheap .22. I can get one for $180cdn new. Obviously a cheap ass gun but reviews seem favourable for a 'cheap ass gun'.

Jonny I heard you on the Ruger 10/22 it's just fallen out of favour in Canada as its magazines are interchangeable with a handgun so they are limited to 10rd clips because the 25rd clips can fit in a handgun they are restricted whether used for a rifle or not. But other rimfire rifles who's magazines are only rifle specific aren't limited at all if that makes any sense at all to a non-Canadian. Lol. Also they are quite a bit more expensive of a gun, double the price of the 795 marlin I'm looking at from what I've seen. And semi-auto 25rd magazine sounds kind of fun, making the 795 seem favourable. Also been looking at the Remington 597 a bit but about 90 bucks more and the reviews seem to mention a lot of jamming.

I did hear you too on the bolt action Jim but semi just seems like it'd be a lot more fun in a little plinker like this? But maybe bolt would mean a more reliable higher quality gun in the same sort of price range?

Any thoughts on the marlin 795 anyone?

Not in a mad rush here so just trying to mull things over.

Thats a good one Justin.

Marlin's other semi is the Model 60.

It is tube fed. Holds more rounds but a pain in the ass to make safe.

The detachable mag on the 795 make it a snap!

You are gonna need some ammo.

My kids can go through 600 rounds with a single shot and a lever action!

Atleast the ammo looks cheap as hell. I think that 795 just might be what my wife gets me for Christmas. :P

I think her and the kid would have a blast shooting it too.

I know not much of a gun to y'all down there, so I appreciate the input.

That would be frigging awesome. I imagine I could learn a lot. Doubt I could convince the woman to go though. She's more of a stick in the mud for travelling than I am. I should google how far away you are, see if it's a motorcycleable distance.

Last edited:
Doubt I could convince the woman to go though.

Really? I would think it would give her a chance to get caught up on detailed cleaning and chores! She should be thanking you for taking a small vacation!

When Jim said the 'three of us'. I think he was referring to my family. Not just me, myself, and I. :lol:

But you make a valid point!:D

Back