Official Guns Thread

Yah. .22 charger. It's a well known thing up here in canuckistan. RCMP made a special bulletin about it.

If you could find one, a Remington Nylon 66 would be a good plinker. I always wanted one of them.

Remington Nylon 66.jpg

I bought a Browning .22 instead...they call it the BAR (not as in WWII BAR).

Browning 22-Auto-Rifle-feat.jpg
Browning 22-Auto-Rifle 2.jpeg
Browning 22-Auto-Rifle 3.jpg

Bottom ejector cool. I'm feeling kind of sold on a cartridge magazine over a tube loader but as we've established I don't really know squat! Lol. The more I look into it I feel that the 795 will be a solid choice for a cheap .22. All I can really find is mostly all positive about it. Crappy trigger but otherwise pretty accurate and reliable out of the box.

I appreciate the vote of confidence because i ordered it. Along with a bunch of ammo and extra magazine. Seemed the best deal I could find up here to me.

Good info...I kept seeing that picture and didn't know what it was...didn't go down the rabbit hole. I think mine is the SA-22. Thanks!

And that big brother BAR was a beast. Does the BAR-22 grow up into the real thing???:D

You do have a point.

I still don't get the salad reference? Maybe it's because I don't much care for salads. :D. Rabbit food.

You just stick to your moldy azz forest aged carrots. :D

I knew that salad comment would snag a veggie commie or two. :lol:

A looooong box came in the mail today! Just in the nick of time to land under the tree for tomorrow morning!

I must be having my mid-life crisis. Motorcycles and guns! Lol.

Nice. The 10/22 is a sweet looking 22. Pricey up here compared to the 795 and as I explained earlier restricted in clip size because of the charger handgun crossover/compatibility. But certainly the 10/22 seems to be the 22 by which most all others are measured.

I feel like a kid. Lol. I'll be out shooting in my little gully tomorrow for sure.

They had a sale and the kids are used to.the platform. Rotor mag with 10 rounds is fine for here. Can only have 10 end mags in .CA max anyway. Since they sit flush under the gun, easy to shoot from prone or a table. A LOT of accessories are made for the 10/22 As well. Some guys at the club deck them out with bull barrels and really nice optics and stocks. Very personal. Cheap here. Standard open site rifle was on sale with composite stock for about 2 bills. Paid 250 for this one with some wood. They were all out of the sale guns.

Like I said earlier I couldn't pass up this 795 at $179cdn. 25rd clips are legal but I haven't been able to track them down yet on this side of the border. All sold out.

Back