Official Guns Thread

I picked up this little beauty yesterday. It's an FN FiveseveN in FDE. I've had a black one for a while and I've been waiting to catch the FDE version on sale. This is a stock photo but it's exactly the same.

View attachment 84275

That five seven is on my list to aquire. Not at the top, but on it. Great shooter I understand. Interestingly it is CA compliant and I can try one out at the range.

No. I reloaded shotgun shells for my dad when I was a kid. I even bought a shotgun reloader kit a few years ago but I've never used it. It's so much easier to point and click and have a heavy box delivered to my door two days later. :|:

I used to reload shotgun shells a lot in the 60's and 70's. You could save a lot back then. It got so you could buy them loaded cheaper than buying the works.

I did find it relaxing to get into the rythem though. Satisfying too.

I recently re-acquired a gun from my youth. It's a Fox .410 SxS. My dad bought it when I was ten years old and I used to hunt squirrels and pheasant with it in New Jersey. I was probably 15 or 16 years old the last time I shot it. It's been passed around to various family members over the years and I finally got it from my brother. It's well worn but no rust on the metal and no cracks in the furniture. The left-side ejector is weak and a bit off kilter but it still shoots well.

For those of you interested in historic guns, this guy does a great series of videos:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MDYtxxRU_cY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I shot my .410 side-by-side in a sporting clays tournament this morning. I did ok but not great. I ended up with a score of 86 out of 100. A little more practice is needed.

That's great for a 410 compared to what I can do with one. When Browning was doing their reproductions of the model 12 I bought the 20 ga and loved it and just couldn't wait till they came out with similar in the model 42, 410 ga. I love that light little gun and cartridge but, I definitely am not a star performer with it.

One needs to be very, very quick on target acquisition to do well with the .410, that's for sure. 86 out of 100 on a sporting clays course is not bad, Brett.

It's not as good as it seems. That included a generous handicap for the smaller gauge. I'd rather not share my raw score.

After conversing with my fellow shooters and doing some quick research online, I just ordered a new Stoeger Uplander side-by-side in 28 gauge.

I like taking stuff like this on trades toward saws.

Just a cheaper ccw 9 with nice freaking hoslter and 2 clips.

Not a fan of DA smalls but for another one for the grabs, no biggie.

The other one I bought from a friend with my winnings from the ncaa march madness last year.
Told him I win I will buy. Dang if I didnt win it. NOT my pic but just like it.

sccy9.jpg taurus709.jpg

What a great target!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KCl98-xL2Os" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back