Weight chart.

Raj

TreeHouser
Anyone have a link to a decent weight chart per cubic yard of loose or tight stacked limbs and/or logs no brush, for a few different types of trees?

A few google searches came up with nothing and I'm trying to avoid being overloaded.

7de35c94a1e6c1f1d1f3d88cd3ddced8.jpg
6646c5edecfa102a1919366995d657c3.jpg
4d2a2706c7c561bd226ad40f5f2743ae.jpg

I wouldn't be concerned being overloaded with brush you probably can't stuff/cut it down enough before you just plain run out of room.

I've stuffed the 20 m3 body on my lorry with brush with the crane, never been over 2 tonnes.

You might be able to extrapolate something from that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Samuel, I was thinking like a stacked weight, I guess like an unsplit bush cord or something.

Dave, yeah, I was kinda hoping to NOT to extrapolate and hurt my brain. ;)

Rajan, the brush I'm not worried about, it's the bare limbs and trunk.

For now I have a free place to dump brush, but they don't want anything too big diameter wise. Anything 3 inches of hardwood or so will go for firewood for my parents and myself. Bare evergreen limbs and trunks go to my brother's burn pile or to those guys who have wives on pinterest and see rustic furniture and think their hubbys can make them too. ;)

Oooh that's tough,I'd just do an eyeball guesstimate correlating with the green log chart.

Sorry about that chart, I guess I misread your post,😖

I recently took down a fairly large cottonwood. I was barely able to get the ENTIRE tree to fit in my 16' dump trailer. Took a bit of work to make it happen. Hauled it to the landfill. Weighed in and weighed out. Charged me by the ton. 3.5 tons.....7200 pounds. Trailer is rated for 14000. No way possible to overload that trailer with tree debris. Gravel, sand, concrete....pretty easy to do.

Joel

I am in Chinook. North Central part.

East of Havre a ways. 35 miles south of the border.

There is some pine in the mountains to the south, but other than that all we have to burn is cotton wood that only grows along the river.

Well dang...I was through there not long ago. I have a friend who runs a pest control business. He goes out your way every month. I made the trip with him one day back in June. He needed my help setting up a pest control program for a grocery store. We stayed with friends in Harlem.

Joel

Jim,

No...it wasn't the Harlem grocery store. He has a route he travels. It's a two-day trip for him. It was in one of those little towns along Hwy 2 in your neck of the woods. When a guy isn't actually doing the driving, it's hard to keep track of where you're at. I'll ask him what town that little grocery store was in.

Joel

Jim,

We have friends in Harlem. They take us prairie dog hunting. I just love that. The 25-06 and the .220 Swift sure do get a workout when we go. I'll take you up on that deal.....for sure! Oh....the grocery store set up was in Malta.

Joel

Back