Monkey Beaver Saddle

Their catalog that just came out has it in there, maybe it's just sold out atm? I can't imagine them discontinuing something 2 weeks after it just came out in their catalog.

You know, I tend to not be much of a militant individual. But if Sherrill actually has decided to stop carrying such a great product, made by a guy who has shared so much of himself with other tree folks, that might just do it for me. If it is true that Sherrill has chosen not to sell the Monkey Beaver saddle at the same time that it is still being manufactured by New Tribe, I would say that Sherrill just shot itself in the foot.

I would very much like to hear from August about whether or not his saddle is still being produced by New Tribe. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Has nothing to do with us. If we had decided to stop carrying it, we wouldn't have put it in our 2018 catalog. I'm not 100% sure as to what's going on with the MBS; August or New Tribe would be the ones to fill in the details.

-Sean

Video coming soon to explain. Joe and I are taking over distribution of the belt and developing other items as well.
We are working closer and closer with New Tribe and definitely they are near and dear to us. The belt never slowed in production and has even increased in production.
Simply put, we have so much work into the saddle and were losing nearly all of the profits to the retailers.
That did not seem right, so we will now handle distribution ourselves from www.MonkeyBeaver.com
The saddle is available for pre-order there now.
The store is not planned to be a massive arborist supply store carrying everything on the market but, a place to retail high-quality items that we personally believe in. People are always asking me which items of kit do I personally prefer.
The website will also give us a platform for our future innovations and a safe platform to retail the innovations of other original creators with a stern policy against supporting copied/stolen work of others (knock offs.)
I have been naive for a long time about the subterfuge within the industry, but those days are over and we aim to be part of the solution.
The website is brand new and only just started functioning yesterday. Obviously it will be changing but for what its worth. Its up. This is a transitional phase, I appreciate the patience of the blue-collar brotherhood. Its coming.

Aug

Good work August, when it?s all up and running I?ll have a harness off you to replace the Weaver.

(Assuming we?re not in a trade war or something)

Ps. Am I missing a link or something?

Video coming soon to explain. Joe and I are taking over distribution of the belt and developing other items as well.
We are working closer and closer with New Tribe and definitely they are near and dear to us. The belt never slowed in production and has even increased in production.
Simply put, we have so much work into the saddle and were losing nearly all of the profits to the retailers.
That did not seem right, so we will now handle distribution ourselves from www.MonkeyBeaver.com
The store is not planned to be a massive arborist supply store carrying everything on the market but, a place to retail high-quality items that we personally believe in. People are always asking me which items of kit do I personally prefer.
The website will also give us a platform for our future innovations and a safe platform to retail the innovations of other original creators with a stern policy against supporting copied/stolen work of others (knock offs.)
I have been naive for a long time about the subterfuge within the industry, but those days are over and we aim to be part of the solution.
The website is brand new and only just started functioning yesterday. Obviously it will be changing but for what its worth. Its up. This is a transitional phase, I appreciate the patience of the blue-collar brotherhood. Its coming.

Aug

Thank You August.

Heath

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Derail. Hey Nick or anyone else that can answer. Is there pole gaffs for the new style gecko cf climbers? I haven?t seen them anywhere if there are.

The old style gaffs don?t look like they will work on the new climbers.

Back to the saddle. I think ima end up purchasing a small. I would like it customized tho. Is that something that can be done through the monkeybeaver site. Or should I contact new tribe directly?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks August I just got an email back from Debbie. No go on any customizing at this time.

Definitely need the small. My medium is tighten up to the label and still isn?t tight enough.

What?s the estimated ship date if one was to be ordered today?

Has nothing to do with us. If we had decided to stop carrying it, we wouldn't have put it in our 2018 catalog. I'm not 100% sure as to what's going on with the MBS; August or New Tribe would be the ones to fill in the details.

-Sean

Aug

Thank you, Sean. Thank you August, for the informative responses. Congratulations, August, on your new venture. I look forward to seeing what the future holds in this regard.

Tim

Back