Disposing of wood

It's crazy to think of people NOT factoring in disposal of wood into the pricing. It's just part of the (insane) way of life in LA. Basically everyone in the city pays a LOT to get rid of stuff. The small time guys with no chipper get screwed the most. We pay $50-75 for a load of chips. $100 if it's palm. Dude pulls in with an f150 stacked full of branches will also pay $50 to dispose of it. It's probably 500lbs or less.

But it's a level playing field. We're all factoring it in and passing the expense to the client so it works here.

I just checked: We spent $9,000 on dumping/disposal in 2015. The thought of dumping for free... ��

love
nick

That's life in the big city! Like you say if it's the same for everyone it's all good.

I have a few sawmills in the area who take my chip for free, they just mix it into their biomass pile.

I had awesome dump spots, a ranch that was on my way to or from town would take all my chips, no gates and no charge. Crap wood was stockpiled at home and unceremoniously burned! Or taken to the landfill at $20/tonne, built into the job.

I know Willard you get wound up pretty easy but that pile is.........small. :D

We should have a log staging area for our county soon with a tub grinder. A soon to be dump site. The site was finally approved. Crazy business politically. Too bad your area has nothing Paul. Of course, we are in a state of emergency on all these dead trees. 66 million estimated last count.

From watching the news up here I've been under the impression that Cali is basically on fire, or so dry it wishes it was on fire.

we are in a state of emergency on all these dead trees. 66 million estimated last count.

Geez that'll make a treeman wonder wtf! Nice to have a little work in front of you but, YIKES!!!!!!!!

We never used to have a problem getting rid of wood but now the big stuff can be a problem. I just factor the really big stuff into the dump anymore. 2 hours as well since it's a hassle. Occasionally I'll burn it at home but I'd get in trouble if anyone called it in

Back