Local Logger's Narrow Escape

The smallest branch will hold the biggest tree sometimes. But not always. Sounds like a tough, fun old guy, glad he's on the mend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's pretty tough, alright. He insists that he'll be back at it soon, but we'll see.

Wow...tough dude. Sounds like a wonderful guy.

Hilarious about the underwear..."don't wear those to work!"...:lol:

Wow, thats a wild story Terry thanks for sharing and glad he's recovering!!

Underwear will chafe your ass badly on a hot day in the woods.

Glad he survived, Terri.
I think most of us who have spent a lifetime logging, have had a near miss or two from trees like that.
I sure have.
Sometimes luck is all that keeps you alive.

The guy who owned the Husky Dealership here , an experienced Logger if not expert , was struck and killed years back. Accessory Tree in a wet area was unkowlingly loosened at the root wad by the impact of a market Tree coming down. Joel was working up the Log as a breeze threw the other Tree. Never saw it coming , crushed to Death. Sad and I still miss him.

Great story and laughs too!

Glad he is recovering. Is he really 6'8", I wouldn't guess that from the picture.

For sure, never turn your back on a cut tree unless you are out of range. It happened to my partner back in the day, smashed heck out of him and KO'd him, when he came to he kept repeating the same 3 things: Hard hats sure are a good thing....Ive got a Doobie Bros song in my head....What happened.....

Logging sucks way worse than arb ever will on it's worst day. Thanks so much Terri. Lol at "grease fittings."

i felt a little like crying during the first part of that story.

I can see wanting to retire on a good note, but also nobody would blame him if he thought it's time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh, no...he has definite plans of returning to work, and according to him, it will be very soon. Time will tell, he's a tough old guy. I don't think he is really 6'8". He never seemed that tall to me. I'll post part 2 when it's available.

Reading his story it seems to me that him just making it out of the woods he knew he would be fine. "it's just a flesh wound"

Back