Schultz climbing video

funny thing about that. i guess a couple authorities from the Cali Dept of Parks saws the vids and decided to search for the man behind the camera. so, some 2 years after the fact, i get a random call (voice mail) expressing a bit of disdain and asking questions about the climber in question. don't know how they got my # and i never called back to find out, seems like those vids just up and disappeared and the climber snuck off into the shadows :/:

:lol: Gary

ETA: Canopy anchoring with a Pinto and Biner? Absolutely awesome! Isolating can always be a bitch, but that is just such a slick way to tie in. Goes up easy, pulls out super easy. Pintos in my experience are pretty much bomb proof. . .

Cheers

funny thing about that. i guess a couple authorities from the Cali Dept of Parks saws the vids and decided to search for the man behind the camera. so, some 2 years after the fact, i get a random call (voice mail) expressing a bit of disdain and asking questions about the climber in question. don't know how they got my # and i never called back to find out, seems like those vids just up and disappeared and the climber snuck off into the shadows :/:

Look, I don't know you very well, and have absolutely no idea how you might receive a remark like this... but I'm here to tell ya... you and I were born into what could be the single, stupidest nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth.

Look, I don't know you very well, and have absolutely no idea how you might receive a remark like this... but I'm here to tell ya... you and I were born into what could be the single, stupidest nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth.

You probably don't really feel that way, but if so, Emigrate, problem solved.

Butch: Fair enough.

Cory: Emigrate? Just pick-up and leave every person that you've ever cared about or who has ever cared for you just to come a hair closer to satisfying your own silly political desires? We all know that dealing with an idiocracy is a lot less painless for most of us than deserting your family.

Way, way wrong tread, I know... it just ticks me off that an accomplished arborist using specialized non-invasive techniques can't even publish his climb up a tree without Big Brother's interferance. Land of the free.

Have you used the Quickie for a canopy anchor? I need to try the pinto.

Nope, but I also very much like that idea (got an extra quickie coming from Treestuff). No worries on cross-loading. Should make advancing the TIP about as easy as it is DbRT.

Now I just need Jamies device to hit the shelves. :/:

8)

it just ticks me off that an accomplished arborist using specialized non-invasive techniques can't even publish his climb up a tree without Big Brother's interferance.

I've seen some other parts of the world, and not the best parts either, and I love, LOVE, our country, but this is a valid bitch. There's nothing Lawrence, or you, or I could do to hurt those trees climbing SRT. Gerry makes this exact same point in his Coast Redwoods book.

Cheers

Idiocracy.jpg Whatchu talkin bout!

not stupidest, probably quite the opposite, cunning in more devious ways than we realize :evil: altho down in the realm of our pay scale, where we are paid to control and confuse each other, it's get's pretty stupid, misguided really. we need to stop fighting each other for the scraps from the big table, unify and overthrow 1% "kings" who rule behind closed doors ;)

i tried my damndest to be gentle. i def wasn't hurting the tree but there is quite an amazing fragile lil ecosystem up there. while it does get the shit kicked out of it during storms my rope and boot passing thru didnt help anything :D

You know... that's understandable, but how are we to learn about the ecosystems up there if people like you and Sillet don't go up and have a look?

I disturb, to some degree, every molecule in the entire universe--albeit to an unappreciable extent by current systems of measurement--every time I walk down my gravel driveway to get in my car. That doesn't mean that the universe is ipso facto adversely affected by it. Same with you and your Redwood. Dumb country.

They're poor, we're dumb. That's what poor people do...just dump stuff in the nearest possible place... India, Indonesia, Africa... pretty much all the same.

Thanks for the vid though. My hat's off to those folks.

happens even in our own country.

so aaaaaaaanyways.....where do we go from here...:?

people still enjoying the vids? any questions about techniques? criticisms?

None here, anywayz. (Criticisms that is) Uhhh, questions... uhhh... Do you rig as much stuff out on the West Coast as you did on the East. O.k... that was dumb... of course you don't. Let me try again: uhhh.... Sorry man... kinda forgot what I was gonna ask. Insane riggins man. :rockon:

I'd like to hear a lot more about the dwt double whip tackle (as I have understood it to be called) where you let the piece down with the "middle" of the rope instead of the usual use of tying the limb off to one end of the rope, pros and cons, reasons for using! thanks!

Back