Schultz climbing video

Personally, I think it would be easier for Lawrence to sell them if he had put them on DVD the way that Gerry B. did with his awesome videos, but I can understand that it was cheaper for him to go the route that he did. Just makes it a pain for those who are not computer literate.

Chris, I think that by putting his information on " mobile media " Lawrence made a smart move. Having a visual library of information on your phone makes for easy mental reminders on some of the less often used techniques. It is also not only cheaper for him to provide but in turn, much cheaper to purchase for those that are trying to learn new things. I can easily see more and more information being made available in this manner.

it not even so much that it is cheaper to not do DVD's (which also run the risk of getting damaged) it's about access. believe me it's much more convenient this way. with a DVD you have to be home or near a DVD player. with streaming online you just have to have internet access and you can watch it on anything, your computer, tablet, phone. and if you download a few chapters to your devices you can watch it anywhere, no internet service necessary. i know technology is annoying and seems complicated but it's easier than you think. if you've ever ordered anything online it's seriously that easy. you just need a credit card and an e-mail address and you're all set. heck, if you want i'll walk you through it ;)

by the way, hi guys :D i've been told i should get on here for awhile now so i guess nows the time. thanks for all the kind words and support. if you have any questions hit me up. or e-mail theschultzeffect@gmail.com

Sweet! Welcome to the board dude. Great training videos you've made here, and we've all enjoyed your stuff on Youtube for years.

Cheers

Sam

Ive personally climbed with Lawrence and he knows his stuff thats for sure!! he is one Awesome climber with a lot of tricks in the bag.

$40 dollars is well worth it by far for the dvd, I highly recommend it!!

Opps, I mean download not dvd......

Sweet! Welcome to the board dude. Great training videos you've made here, and we've all enjoyed your stuff on Youtube for years.

+1!

Lots of tree a holics here for sure, Lawrence!

You've put out a lot of great vids and lots of interesting music on them too, much appreciated! The one about day in the life of a NYC arborist is quite memorable even though it wasn't crazy technical.

+1!

Lots of tree a holics here for sure, Lawrence!

You've put out a lot of great vids and lots of interesting music on them too, much appreciated! The one about day in the life of a NYC arborist is quite memorable even though it wasn't crazy technical.

One of my favorite YouTube Vids.

Thanks Lawrence

Well I pitched in a bought it last night.

I have been climbing SRT for quite a while now but don't claim to know it all. If I pick up a few snippets then it's all good.

I think more importantly it is good to support projects like this. 40$ is Jack Shit in the grander scheme of things. But if a thousand people buy then you do the maths.

It must have taken a large chunk of Lawrence's life... The way I see it I have just donated 40$ for him to get a bit back and it shows appreciation of his patience and hard work.

Well I am only into the second clip and so far so good... Haha!

He is still on ddrt though.

The thing is with SRT, to me the beauty is you can make it as complicated or as simple as you wish.

I am a pretty simple climber compared to some, I usually just adapt what I know and crack on.

Ha, sounds like me. I just want one simple answer to a problem that is efficient and I will get it done. The only thing that will have me want more is if I see something that is a lot easier or will make work more enjoyable.

Still mostly just looking for one more answer and then I'm good to go again.

One caveat to that...Lawrence worked with me doing the climbing on a pretty tough set of Redwood trees this last week. I had set a rope and gone up them over a month ago and everything was bigger and far more involved than it looked from the ground one hundred feet and more below the work area. I came down annoyed with myself that I couldn't do the job with my usual bag of tricks and one ground guy. So I called Lawrence and asked for his help for a couple of days.

What an education from the ground. There were two trees to be worked at this time, one had lost a co-dominant top and had one 20 inch top still standing there and with a crack extending down into the tree below it. There were four other trees in a semi circle at about 20 to 30 feet away depending on which tree.

Lawrence set up a bull line using X Rigging Rings and three or four tops in the healthy trees just to give back pressure and hold up the cracked co-dom top while he worked it. Then he set let down lines in two trees to float the limbs and trunk wood into open air. All worked flawlessly.

To see that all in motion and achieve what I couldn't do safely with what I know, that makes me want to learn more. He was traveling back and forth between the tree tops using SRT in ways that I hadn't even imagined. So while Wraptoring up SRT has been nice and coming essentially straight down SRT has been good, now I know there is a whole other world of SRT I want to learn.

Damn, sounds like an excellent work experience. Get any vid or pics?

I share some pics when I figure out how ;p got a few vid clips, they'll be in the next montauge style action flick, coming soon...

Looking forward to it, big time!

And Lawrence, again I say welcome! It's an awesome thing when a guy with your tree skills coupled with your vid capability sets up camp at The Treehouse!

One of your vids, the soundtrack was a song entitled 'No Rest for the Wicked' I believe. Amazing song, where do you find all the various tracks, they are always songs I've never heard before.

I don't see it. He may have taken it down. It was pretty rad. Flys in from NYC...rents a car...climbs up a huge redwood with great camera angles......

Back