Schultz climbing video

I saw him use that last week Cory. He got tops out of an eleven top Cypress tree that I couldn't believe were coming out without hanging up. Plus made it far easier to manage the rope on the ground.

(Just my beginning observations.)

Cool!

Eager to hear more about this method.

Welcome to The Tree House AQ. Did you see Lawrence just put out a rigging video on his youtube channel - pretty intense.

Coincidentally, in both that and the BT10 video August just put out they each showed the 'double whip tackle' lowering method previously spoken about by Cory.

Merle, are you referring to funeral of the pines?

Nice vid. I wonder why he double ties almost everything? Bad rope men cuz he's a sub so he can't trust the random rope guys he's working with to get it done right with a single tie? Plus he could then take bigger pieces which would help make up for extra time setting up the cut.

Cheers MasterBlaster and Peter

Just watched Schultz's and August's newest videos. Good stuff! It would be awesome to employ those techniques someday...simpler stuff for me right now. Lot's to learn!

Yeah, not good. I'm 60 mi. north of SF and we were trading back and forth with SF, for about 14 days, who had the worse are quality. I can normally see 15 or 20 miles here most of the time but visibility was reduced to about 400 yards at times. I begged off work some and did the easiest ground work kind of jobs some. Just broke today and I like it.

Even so, no complaints for me, those poor folks in Paradise area....

The Shultz Effect is the best $40 I’ve spent on tree gear or tree knowledge.
Hands down.
Right up there with the Fundamentals of General Tree Work. It condenses years of hard work on Shultz part and compiled a TON of info on both moving rope and stationary technique into a few hours.
I can’t sell it enough.
If you want to expand your mental “tool box” and learn to be a more efficient climber this is a great series. You won’t use it all but I guarantee you’ll take several things away from it that you’ll use all the time.
cheers

How does one aquire “The Shultz Effect” these days?

Just go here and follow the directions:

Back