Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    Wow. Sounds crazy. Thanks for the report Cory.
    It was crazy and as I said it was a night of many good fights. The Mac/khabib fight itself was quite fascinating and nerve wracking as it unfolded because you were waiting to see if Mac could weather the Nurmy grappling storm enough to land his patented left hand kill shots. If he had achieved that, he would be a god basically. The vibe of his cage entrance oozed his complete comfort in the blazing spotlight. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand as they screamed for him. He appeared to be perfectly prepared, completely confident, and eager to throw down.

After a night of really good fights, the buzz always stays with me the next day. There is something moving and spiritual about a great mma fight. The skill, physical strength, mental strength, game planning and adaptions on the fly, the heart, confidence, the fighting spirit in the face of adversity, it's all quite compelling and I reflect on it a lot the following day. Somehow I find myself making connections between it and the tree business.

The post fight melee put an exclamation point on the festivities. It's always interesting to experience or witness a charged atomsphere as it unfolds, and then to reassess it from the calmer, removed perspective of the following day.
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

My dad and I got up at 3 in the night to watch the " Rumble in the jungle"

It is always the right time to watch a great fight.
    That one was really something.

We watched it at home in England, I guess my parents woke me up to watch it.

I distinctly remember my mum begging my dad to make it stop (like he could do anything about it!) we were big Ali fans and knowing nothing about boxing believed he was getting a pasting.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Default Ground-n-Pound on the Congress Floor

Sharice Davids (former MMA fighter) was just elected to a US Congress House seat for Kansas:

Here's the story from Bloody Elbow:
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/...2018-elections

Had a great weekend.

A French Canadian guy named Dave Leduc came to the gym to do a seminar. Dave is the open weight Lethwei world Champion. Lethwei is Burmese boxing or the art of Nine limbs. Basically Muay Thai with headbuts and bare knuckle.

Dave has the title of the ĎThe King of Lethweií. He is such a nice bloke, but hard as a coffin nail. They showed some interesting techniques, training methods and had plenty of stories. He has quite a few fights on YouTube. The seminar was the last on his world tour and now he is back home to train for a Trilogy fight against Burmese fight Tun Tun Mun on the 16th December.

This guy is the real deal. I had a little grapple with him at the end of the session. It was all good fun and after a minute of so I tried to sweep him and nearly threw him... I guess thatís when he stopped playing LOL. He head butted me about 4 times in as many seconds. It was like an 80kg woodpecker going at it.

Top man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 864CB2E1-06D6-4330-8847-5A875AA52291.jpg   484C78D1-D169-431C-B87B-430E30634E34.jpg  
    Rich.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I thought he would be bigger.

Roadhouse, kinda...

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

Cool stuff Rich. I'll check out a couple of his fights.

The name seemed familiar and then I remembered it's because I went to school with a guy named Chris Leduc.

Looks like he's big enough to get the job done to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ErQmweheU

Brutal stuff.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Arm wrestling keeps your face pretty! ;>)