The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

If you go to the One Championships YouTube channel, they should have it linked there.

Then it is broadcast live in the US so maybe it will be blocked as the cable channel has the rights.

The Canadians seem to be able to view it.

Or if you do Facebook??? Search for theOne Championship page and watch it there.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Ouh9k4u"><a href="//imgur.com/Ouh9k4u">how to stop an attacking person in a chair</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Haakon has a fight in Sweden today. We drove here yesterday. Weigh in and medical all done, back to the hotel to gorge on free breakfast and back to the venue at 11.

Should be a good day.

Attachments

• 3A0CB4B2-6FBC-460F-9260-EBC7C994C5CF.jpg
    3A0CB4B2-6FBC-460F-9260-EBC7C994C5CF.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2285F745-EC44-41DA-B79B-00C0860DACC6.jpg
    2285F745-EC44-41DA-B79B-00C0860DACC6.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds awesome , good luck!

That would appear to be a Khabib-style mountain hat

Rich, does the organization accept any responsibility after the medical clearance or is the onus placed on you as a parent at that point, in regards to your son's health and safety during and after the fight?

I'm guessing its 100% on the parent

Haakon...

Attachments

• 2E3FF3F8-3CD0-40AF-9BF5-9ED73EDCDD3F.jpg
    2E3FF3F8-3CD0-40AF-9BF5-9ED73EDCDD3F.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 23E73AB6-5383-43FF-8F22-0CFBD3A5A92F.jpg
    23E73AB6-5383-43FF-8F22-0CFBD3A5A92F.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 30
They have rules in Sweden that don’t allow decision fights for under 13’s. the emphasis is on technique and they call it a diploma fight. Basically an interclub where both kids get a medal.

Even so he outclassed the other kid. He had had a bit more experience than Haakon but I think the level is lower due to their rules. Another day out though and a bit of a summer break and the The Nordic Championships in Copenhagen in September. Then the worlds in October in Ireland.

Hey while we are on the subject of martial arts, this is a pretty cool feature on ufc 2x welterweight champ Matt Hughes. Its a ufc film production and I wasn't going to click on it because I heard from crowd sourcing that Matt was a huge douche as a person (not that he seemed that way from afar, just watching his in-cage interviews) and I figured the film would be a white wash. But nah, it pulls no um punches.

So Matt was a beast of a man. Then he got hit by a train.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4EoHhVWjOoA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched that the other day, posted it on my Facebook ...

I was never a real fan of his but I wish him the best in the biggest challenge of his life.

I wonder what really happened. Accident or other?

Seeing the train track in the film, I guess you would be damn unlucky to accidentally get hit. As he cannot remember, I guess we may never know.

Hey Rich, you guys are awesome. Definitely an inspiration for fitness and commitment. Do you both of your boys do kick boxing or just Haakon?

I wonder what really happened. Accident or other?

Seeing the train track in the film, I guess you would be damn unlucky to accidentally get hit. As he cannot remember, I guess we may never know.

Some folks figure it may have been a suicide attempt, maybe a result of CTE

Rich, does the organization accept any responsibility after the medical clearance or is the onus placed on you as a parent at that point, in regards to your son's health and safety during and after the fight?

The people holding the event will have insurance and regulations to meet when putting on a show. One of them is the medical examination and clearance from the doctors. There is also a screening questionnaire on health etc. These are done on the morning of the fight along with the weigh in.

If something happens there are medics on site to handle the situation. With regards to medical bills etc. It is free in Norway and Sweden for health care unlike the US. SO they go to the hospital. if for example the ring collapsed and there were injuries to fighter or spectators. This would be covered by the events liability insurance.

At least that is my understanding of it.

Never had to experience it and hopefully won't have to.

Hey Rich, you guys are awesome. Definitely an inspiration for fitness and commitment. Do you both of your boys do kick boxing or just Haakon?

Hello Levi,

Both the boys train Muay Thai. The little one goes once or twice a week and Haakon usually 4 or 5 times. Keeps them fit and healthy and is good for coordination and teaches respect for others.

Hi Rich, I'll agree with Butch, sounds like you're doing right by your kids. My oldest started training Muay Thai last winter at 5, he's 6 now. it's not super serious but he really has enjoyed, seems like a good thing for the youth. A bit expensive though, I might have to start cleaning the bathroom at the gym if my younger son gets involved too.

Back