Bar LUGNUTS

mistahbenn

Treehouser
Howdy, so my 460 is going great, apart from a few things. One being I replaced one of the lug nuts that holds the bar, and the inner has stripped, in the saw. Piece of shit chinese knock off! How easy is it to fix? Ive not taken it apart yet, thought i'd ask here first. Cheers in advance :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The stud that screws in to the power head is stripped....I mean in the powerhead, that bit is stripped... so the whole lug just spins. Need a picture?

Well, from what I could find on the internet, people have used a Helicoil insert to fix this problem. Others have drilled out the stripped hole and installed oversize studs.

Should not be to bad a job. The stud threads into the oil tank right?

I saw a Stihl part number for the oversize studs. Might still be available, if not a helicoil would fix you up good.

More trivia.Time serts makes an insert that will not back out .Once you have the hole threaded you use a form tap as a driver to install the insert .The form tap expands the last few partly formed threads on the bottom of the insert which expands them into the hole .Roush racing uses these things in every Ford aluminum block they rework.They aren't cheap .

Back