Compact grapple truck build thread

Thor's Hammer

Wolfish. Sometimes Bites.
So after reading the other thread, it motivated me to build another grapple truck. This will be my fourth, and hopefully last.

Today I rushed off and bought the crane. Not my first choice, it's not a forestry loader with guarded pipework or upper mount rams. But it was in extremely nice condition, and a bargain in exchange for folding type money.

Next on the list is a decent chassis to mount it on.

25637d88ffd978d872f5975c0a5700f1.jpg

ac05b4d6b57bdd1d09fd656919d8e5bc.jpg

ea1436d0f36801c43672c04e0be91c66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cool thread. Good luck with the project.

Ed all I can ask is where do you get the motivation?? I could never even begin to accept such an undertaking.

On another note what are the specs of that boom??

Going to keep a close eye on this thread. I have been throwing around the idea of a trailer similar to what baileys sells. Looking forward to seeing this thing take shape!

Denver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goodness. Life has been extremely busy of late... With several projects taking precedence over grapple trucks. I did a deal for a broken Safetrak chipper. Bunch of new parts and a bit of fabbing work later and its like brand new.

Then came a house in town. We bought a bit of a wreck in a great part of town, mostly student rentals. I'm busy stripping it out, re roofing etc. It will provide us with a very tidy monthly income, and property is a good pension.

Then came a large food trailer for doing concerts and festivals. Rachaels dream is to work with food. So I bought a beat up fairground trailer, stripped the whole thing out, re-painted and refitted the interior, and shes started doing events. She's quit her high powered corporate job in the defence industry, and is loving being her own boss.

Then I realised I wanted a chip / arb truck. So a nice little Iveco 6500kgs truck was bought 2 weeks ago. I need to bulid a nice aluminium chip box and tool lockers for that.

So the grapple truck will come.... Give me a quiet weekend ;)

Took me ages to find this thread. Whilst mostly putting on parties being a superstar djand dressing like an expensive whore, I also occasionally do a bit of work.

I finally managed to find exactly the right chassis for my compact grapple truck, a '99 model Iveco in 4x4 rated to pull a 11k kgs trailer. It's a bit of a beast.

Sadly I sold the black crane as I was offered money for it and I'm easily bought.

Have just bought a really nice Loglift forestry spec crane to go on it so this project is finally go!
Screenshot_2017-01-06-23-12-19.jpg Screenshot_2017-01-06-23-12-37.jpg

It looks like a beast.

What was that truck used for in the past?

You should post works in progress pics.

I'll try. Life is kind of busy right now. Thankfully not much to do with this one apart from mounting the crane and body

You are obviously quite a fabricator, did you have much training in it or pretty much seat of the pants/self taught? Either way, impressive.

Back