Animated GIFS THREE! (Not Phone Safe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DifficultDependableIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

I have a Fresnel lens from an old school big screen TV. It can enlarge things HUGELY like that (and more). Or on the more devious end, you can reverse it and focus sunlight to the point of frying an egg, boiling water, or melting metal!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrje73EyKag" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/66U3HLN"><a href="//imgur.com/66U3HLN">Chaotic good refree</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="IhGA5Bh"><a href="//imgur.com/IhGA5Bh">Metal forming is so satisfying to watch...</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Fu34Gea"><a href="//imgur.com/Fu34Gea">Good samaritan gets out of his car to help old lady cross the street</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/OQWu00u"><a href="//imgur.com/OQWu00u">...and your mother, too!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/CCdlVUq"><a href="//imgur.com/CCdlVUq">When you have water in your ears!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I took my kayaking helmet off once just before five local hoodlums in the mountains jumped a buddy and me...left it in the kayak as we walked up to them to ask directions to the next takeout point.

We survived the encounter but it could have been real bad. It was quite the shebang...I pulled a knife on the worst of them, John got a cut/busted cheek where one of them clubbed him with a river rock. We broke up paddles to make weapons to have handy in case we came up against them again at the takeout point. (there was one other guy and two girls that were part of our group...the burden of responsibility for all of a sudden being the one that folks thought was supposed to save the day laid heavy there for awhile) It was a real interesting time.

In retrospect it would have been good to leave the helmets on...lesson learned.:D

At least he was in good shape. :drink:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/EL7LhaM"><a href="//imgur.com/EL7LhaM">“frig your parkour!”</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back