2016 and HitchHiker. can you help me RE: Static lines

The roll-n-lock works great on the bridge. I use the old style HAAS and like it. I haven't got to try the new one or the SAKA so I can't comment on those

Ascend on basal, then tie a canopy anchor, if the tree is sketchy I keep them both.

I whipped my hitch cords.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks gentlemen.

i'm definitely going to be experimenting more with canopy ties.

i've only just come down (at twilight no less) from another climb.
this time another boxeldar that i save for practices.
50' tall and spread all out.
wider than it is tall.

i hit a good couple of crotches on my first shot (!) then ascended with just my gloves and foot ascender with my lanyard to tend the HH2.

IT Was still remarkably fast to ascend tho a bit taxing.
still less tiring than ddrt ascending.

i'm not entirely thrilled with redirecting just yet but frig, the knee ascender is already upping the amount of junk to carry around without a retrievable re-direct.

the toys have got me!

oi treebilly? how did you attach the roll-n-lock to your bridge?

Just on the outside of one of the paws and a zip tie to keep it from sliding around. I'll grab a pic tomorrow for you.

ah, what's your harness?
i took a look at my treemotion and i might be able to squeeze in a zip tie but i'm not sure it'll work.

Treestuff sells it as the empire. An ergo lite with paws basically. Ive got the edge also ( sherill's version). Got it for less than half price. Same set up on it. I'm not familiar with the TM. From what I've seen the rings and such are tiny. Come to think of it I got the idea for the roll-n-lock from a SRT course I took. The instructor had the TM with a Kong duck(?) on the bridge. I went with the roll-n-lock because I just won't use Kong products

I like the SAKA...HASS is fine as well...

100+ feet with SAKA, deadwooding a Pondo

SRT is a game changer...whats this DRT thing people talk about??..lol haha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7wRsxjbcfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ByaAO5lYkcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want to buy a SAKA. My FrankinHAAS is all cool and my new guy loves it. I made it adjustable so taller climbers can dial it in. But I think I would like the SAKA better.
Nice climb brother.

I don't think I have ever had a line not work well in the HH. Obviously depends on the hitch cord as well. Bandit, Poison Ivy, Blue Moon, Vortex, Arbormaster, XTC........

that is one long climb. you made it look easy sir

i'll get that saka tomorrow or friday and really give the srt a solid run.

i may even time the ascent..

as it

Have you been using the hitchhiker on your brw? Curious to see how it runs together, just ordered a hh2 and have always used 16strand.

Greengreer, 16 strand works but the 24 strand is much smoother on the HH from what I found

Oh, welcome to the treehouse!

i haven't tried it on brw yet but i will.

i think i'm going to miss the ruggedness of 16 but time will tell.

Howdy butch, I'm nick.
Love some 16strand as well, it's definitely some tough stuff. That said I haven't tried any 24. I've been eyeing the allgear 7/16"16 strand as I think it would make a good all around line but for now I think ill play around with the hitchhiker on arbormaster. I went with the hh2 for the ease of going from srt to drt. I think it will make learning srt a bit more simple and should be the bees knees on crane removals.

i chose the HH2 because it seemed like the most compact device that still used a hitch cord.

do you have a foot ascender?

Have one coming in thd mail with the hitchhiker. Also got some stuff to splice up my own haas/saka to make a ropewalker setup. My arms will thank me!

i did two short practice climbs today with the SAKA and a neck tether that i've cobbled together.
gear is as follows.

TreeMotion with standard length bridge and rock exotica medium swivel attached to steel carabiner on hh2 with bee line (now whipped and not milking at all)
CMI foot ascender and SAKA.

they were both basal ties using a simple bowline.
multiple crotches make me feel quite secure.

it took me an ascent or two to get the hang of the SAKA but i think it's close to being dialed in.
rope walking for real.
fast and easy, almost effortless ascending compared to ddrt. even counting ddrt with the foot ascender.

advancing the tip is becoming easier and a little less annoying, not to say faster.
i think it helps you plan out your path through the tree

out on a pretty long limb walk i used the SAKA as a 3:1 puller.
works great but will take some getting used to.

the SAKA is soo easy to stash on my TM.. i was a bit concerned but not anymore.
i ran it around my back and connected the biners to the upper hip rings.
piece of piss.

the yale 11.7 is holding up nicely tho it has flattened out a bit.
i'm sure the rope/hitch will smooth out as i break them in.