Sena industrial

:thumbup:

rhinoceros-black-savanna.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great report, TreeRhino! They do sound good. Let us know how well they hold up over time.

Thanks for the report, TreeRhino!

When we have 3 of the SMH10's/SPH10's linked up, we have been getting a good bit of static. Not as bad or as noticeable on 2 units.

Are you getting any static on the tuff talks?

Thanks for the report, TreeRhino!

When we have 3 of the SMH10's/SPH10's linked up, we have been getting a good bit of static. Not as bad or as noticeable on 2 units.

Are you getting any static on the tuff talks?

Typically, whether with the SMH 10's or the new ones, I only experience static if I'm getting out of line of sight, like behind a house, or if the mic cable/connection is loose or damaged. i had a pair of 10's that i was sure had a problem but it turned out the connection between the mic and the unit had some dirt and corrosion in it from sweat and dust.

That being said, I do occasionally have some random static with all of them for no good reason, but it is usually short-lived. My guess is that there is some signal interference from another source. Most likely it is a Wi-Fi router or a cordless phone which are the most common culprits.

I'll have to check all connections for the time being, thanks for your input on that issue as well.

Just curious as to what helmets you have them mounted on. Thanks for the feedback so far

Petzl Alveo and Stein helmets thus far, but i think they will work on most any.

I may have to retract a pro i stated earlier in that i'm not sure if they will do a true four-way without the linking unit. the manual makes it sound like it will in one place, but in another uses the old language of using the bridge connection. I have contacted Sena to resolve this but at this time, i haven't had any luck with a straight four-way. (hehehee)

Yeah, I really liked them.

Especially with this new kid.
I'm gonna be in his ear every step of the way.

Too old to yell anymore.

Paul,

Can the visor be the forestry screen and not the clear visor? Ordering from Ropetek? Once those are scratched...ciao bella.

I was looking at TS and Sherril, then I was like....oh yeah, PC!

Sherrill tree has exclusive distributorship​ rights within the arb industry. So I cannot even sell them now. Funny thing is 4 years ago I asked Sherrill if they wanted to buy them from me and they said they didn't condone any form of modification to ppe. However as with most other inovations once it got popular they decided to steal it .
I've been asked to not talk about Sherrill on here but needless to say they are not my favorite company

Sherrill tree has exclusive distributorship​ rights within the arb industry. So I cannot even sell them now. Funny thing is 4 years ago I asked Sherrill if they wanted to buy them from me and they said they didn't condone any form of modification to ppe. However as with most other inovations once it got popular they decided to steal it .
I've been asked to not talk about Sherrill on here but needless to say they are not my favorite company
Straight up lame. Sorry Paul.

Yeah, I really liked them.

Especially with this new kid.
I'm gonna be in his ear every step of the way.

Too old to yell anymore.

Paul,

Can the visor be the forestry screen and not the clear visor? Ordering from Ropetek? Once those are scratched...ciao bella.

I was looking at TS and Sherril, then I was like....oh yeah, PC!
These can be great for training, but I've found on the other extreme that sometimes people can become mindless extensions of your arm with too much guidance. When you don't have them working it seems less efficient then it could have been without them. It's frustrating when a year in, and something obvious is missed, or you find yourself explaining every detail when they could've figured it out based on just looking and the scenario.

I think they are awesome to improve on a well oiled crew, awesome for training with a 2 man crew, but there's something to be said about letting them apply their eyes and mind to figure out what's going on.

I often teach by asking them what they think they should do. I also keep in mind that my way isn't always the only way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These can be great for training, but I've found on the other extreme that sometimes people can become mindless extensions of your arm with too much guidance.....

This is true, however it is in no way the fault of the Sena system.

Paul.

These would be for my pool cleaning business.

Is that cool?

Back