Watch "Lake City hazardous Hickory fell." on YouTube

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All home owner clean up, never thought about the poo issue lol. I did keep a few choice limbs for new cant hook handles.

What is up with the chain around the stump?

I've never had a tree split downwards when making the stump so high.
'That was why I asked. I figured it to be unnecessary.

I've seen it... on a side leaning mulberry.. ripped the side roots right out of the ground and tree landed on the fence... Cheap lesson.. Should have strapped the tree under the cut... He was clearly concerned about the cracks and decay below the cut..

Stig to answer your question. I was so much more concerned with the lower portion giving out one I started my face cut. What I inturpreted and was concerned with is cutting into the last of the holding wood on the tension side, the strip of wood was pulling the root plate. The chain and binder below were there in hopes of two things holding the piece that was lifting as I had to cut into a good portion of it to face it and two with the horizontal going so far around it splitting out once stood up. Likely could have been done without the chain and binder but felt more comfortable with it there.
The joy at the end happiness over a well thought out and executed plan that went perfectly to plan. Collecting the check helped to fuel the joy also.
2 1/2hrs port to port

Indeed you are correct! Paid 150 for it almost ten years ago it has been a great return on investment.

I've got one torn apart in my garage right now. I had to replace the motor. They're still the fastest winch on the market. 70-80 feet per minute no load speed. 150' on the spool is great too! You can find all kinds of mods for them too. Double motors...bigger motors...wider spools for more cable/rope....disk brakes... The sky's the limit. (Or your wallet! They're $1800-$1900 new now!

Back