Home made things for tree work

Well damn I either missed it or .... forgot. Anyway, sweet saddle!

i used it for quite a while. its still in good working order. there were a few things i would do different if i made another, all to do with how i fastened the stiffening elements to the leather and how the padding went on to that. i made a poor choice and used uhm plastic for the backing. FYI absolutely nothing sticks to that kind of plastic!

I made a larger saw lanyard ring out of an old SS car antenna to replace the factory one for easy on and off the carry tool.
IMGP0110.jpg IMGP0112.jpg

Nice! Clean work, you got skills brother. Is that saw strap long enough for a cross body one arm stretch?

Thanks Dave. Here it is next to a weaver, both maxed out. 55" eye2eye on the TS one. IMGP0113.jpg

Derp?

Kkd57l3.gif

I saw some supplier selling rake heads that mount on Jameson poles. Cool idea, and probably pretty useful arborist times.

I just order the male and female connectors. I usually have a smashed pole lying about that can be cut into 1 or 2 or 4' lengths. Rakes with broken handles work well....
I have roofs that are crap up here. Guess most of us do. One in particular I prune regular over is tin on 2X3s spaced 36". Aint no way.

I made one out of a extending pool cleaning pole I picked up somewhere. Just stuck a rake in the end and drilled a hole through to keep it in, small bolt with a wing nut and the rake comes out. Adjusts to what height I need.

Too late to get a pic.

pool-central-pool-poles-31477139-64_400_compressed.jpg

Why not extend the tube on a backpack blower?

Having had a roofing business for 17 years, I almost never use a blower on a roof, due to potential damage/future issues. When I do, I make CERTAIN to blow directly down slope. Lots can go wrong with a blower on a roof. Any loose tabs flap up, allowing trash/debris to get under it....too many variables to be worth it to me.

If I have to tell someone not to blow upwards on the shingles, I always ask if they had stupid biscuits with breakfast.

If I have to tell someone not to blow upwards on the shingles, I always ask if they had stupid biscuits with breakfast.

My response lately to the guys has been "I bet you were a square peg in a round hole kinda kid". Now it's just "hey peg boy" or "FFS peg boy".

Back