Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Home made things for tree work

That’s a sort of ‘running jokes at work’ post
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

More like running insult than joke. Hopefully they snap out of their stupid phase.

TreeHouser Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    More like running insult than joke. Hopefully they snap out of their stupid phase.
    Hopefully you become smarter and realize that if you provide a career type job, good people will fill the spaces.

Sorry, maybe a bit too real???

TreeHouser Sponsor

I like the rake to pole pruner idea. I have used up a bunch of black tape doing a temp attachment in the past. And I do have a 10 foot length of lightweight pipe with two ninety degree elbows on the other end to extend my blower reach and still blown down the roof.

By the way, previous posts on chainsaw lanyards.....I extend the length of mine by girth hitching in a normal 10 inch saw loop with steel ring.

Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    We’re just taking the piss out of each other most of the day.

I’m usually lampooned for poor driving, inattention to detail, forgetfulness, general clusterfuckery.

The older guy for always needing a piss, stopping to wank on a chip run, being closer to death than the others.

The younger guy is always ill with something (caught from his child) so he always has AIDS, or bummer’s flu as we call it colloquially.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by frans View Post
    Hopefully you become smarter and realize that if you provide a career type job, good people will fill the spaces.

Sorry, maybe a bit too real???
    I am doing my best to provide career type employment for them. The worker pool is pretty limited here and hard work scares most kids these days and by kids I mean 20-21yo. One is making enough he bought his first truck and was practically in tears thanking me for helping make it happen. But how long should I hold their hand on tying a bowline? A week? A month? They have been here six months and it still takes them three four tires to get it right. and that is the reason for the on going "peg" comment.

That's stupid, lazy.

Tell him he's not a shmuck, at works starts Monday when he has proficiently learn a cub scout knot.

Dahlia's first paying job, soon, will be the Basic Knots 101 instructor.

Idk if her first class will involve magic, tying a clove hitch as she passes the rope behind her back. But by next March, when she's 8...

I thought you were 'all subs'
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post

I thought you were 'all subs'
    Not so much anymore there are two guys on payroll brush draggers mostly with minimal cutting duties.
    The guys that have equipment and advanced ability are subs and it works well.

I have tried incentives: raises, steak dinners it just doesn't seem to work for those two. One time after work we had a competition for an hour and they could tie a RB in 8 seconds. I thought they had it down, they tied it like forty times but the next day, fizzle.

TreeHouser Sponsor

I know a great climber who is dyslectic, he gets confused sometimes and can't tie a bowline. He has to stop and take a moment to breath, center himself and then is good to go.