Yale Cordage video

RegC

TreeHouser
I really rate this company, above all other rope manufactures. I made a short video for them from yesterdays job. Use HD setting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nv3Mv2bD4vE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well done, Reg.

Interesting camera placement.

Could you call those cuts mismatch cuts with a face?

Glad you got it done in a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. They all had a thin streak of hinge wood Cory

Ha "a thin streak of hinge," that's high level stuff for certain.

Ha "a thin streak of hinge," that's high level stuff for certain.

All in a days work Cory. I was more more worried about getting all the chip on one load than what i was taking the tree down.

I was gonna ask. All the chipping fit in one load? Nice.

Awesome vid.

Sawdust as well. Too much really, but I couldn't afford to leave the site to dump. I just noticed all the sawdust and foliage on the roof, dam!

Great to get it in one load. I've left with damn near every nook and cranny stuffed with something before just to avoid a dump trip. When you're chipping the last bit knowing it'll spill on the ground, but chipping it anyways just so you can shovel it back into the tray, you know you're getting tight.

Great to get it in one load. I've left with damn near every nook and cranny stuffed with something before just to avoid a dump trip. When you're chipping the last bit knowing it'll spill on the ground, but chipping it anyways just so you can shovel it back into the tray, you know you're getting tight.

Its always nice when the route from the job leads downhill, let them chips settle a bit without spilling out the back.

We used to joke, load just good enough to get out of the custys driveway. After that it's no mans land. :D

Thanks all.

nice job Reg. Love the new camera angle
Cheers Dano. It'll just get copied though, and passed off as someone else's idea.

Re: the chipping. It's funny working in this region, a lot of the firs are much taller than what you think....until you start climbing through and past all the limbs....gradually getting more depressed at the realization that all the chip isn't going to fit on one load.

Thanks all.

Cheers Dano. It'll just get copied though, and passed off as someone else's idea.

Re: the chipping. It's funny working in this region, a lot of the firs are much taller than what you think....until you start climbing through and past all the limbs....gradually getting more depressed at the realization that all the chip isn't going to fit on one load.

When I got a new chip truck I looked at the $ I could get for the old one and decided to keep it.. GREAT MOVE.. really helps to have the second truck, especially when chipping big jobs, or wood in one truck and chips in the other.. or keep chipping. rather than shut the job down while someone goes to dump, one goes down for repair you can still work etc.. gotta weigh the cost vs. benefit. Depends on you particulars.. worth considering though

Just need to stomp on the chips every yd or so. 1/2 to 1/3 of load is air.
Did a huge Norwar spruce in two loads of chips with srw dump box.
It's suprising what a good stomp will gain in extra space. Helps if box is roofless. Vid was dreamy.
Take it for its worth since I don't do big spar work very often is I skip the notch all together and do a cut called "around the world"

Face kerf cut a 1/3 through
Then follow around through another third
Pull out the saw
Reinsert where you just finished and back cut with wedge following
I dunno works for me especially like less time on the saw on the diagonal
Also like my splicing pusher rod w wood handle to roll the sucka off

Awesome vid Reg. I agree Yale cordage is my fav rigging and climb lines. Don Blair turned me on to them and Jamie Goddard years ago, and Jamie actually took me on a factory tour in Saco Maine, when I got certified in splicing Double Braid Esterlon.

I may have missed Reg, but what Yale lines and slings were you running? Thanks.

Back