Virtually new 200t on eBay...

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
...but they wanted $1080 that included postage of about $100 to Oz.

Damn...just too much, I offered $700 thought that would have done it...nope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Innit!

One here for sale in OZ..used but looks not half bad $960 AUD...still about $700USD. Could be tempted...

People are tearing the tail out of it now...

Last edited:
Indeed!

So what WOULD you guys pay for:
1. A virtually new 200t with original box and bits
2. A used but looking in good nick 200t

Yup, second that.

I'll put one of my used ones away for a retirement fund, once they are all sold for scrap iron, the few left will be worth lots of money as collectors items.

I'm thinking something like the Bugatti Type 41 Cabriolet Weinberger, that someone bought off a scrap iron dealer for $400 once.

Current price would be something like $15-20 million.

Makes me want to dig one out to sell....it's crazy how the market jumped on them when Stihl dropped them.

...saw the ones on EBay ... Paid about $550 for a new one. Used it a few years and sold it to landscape buddy for $100. I have told him he could easily make $$ selling it.

I don't think it's a myth about the 200 and 201 .I personally have never seen any 201 have the power of a 200 but then I haven't seen them all either .

It is a myth, Al. Stock for stock the 201 is as good or better. Doesn't have that same cool sound but performance wise there is no reason to pay more for a 200 imo.

What me pay more? You know darn well I'm a tight wad .:lol:

Evidently the majority must have a newer models since they fixed them .I haven't had my hands on one of them so maybe I am in error but that said a few years they were gutless high priced wonders .

Stihl had to fix them due to all the negative press about them .Being Stihl and bull headed Germans never once did they admit the original design wasn't the best .

Im a husky guy normally. But my 201t with a muff mod is performing well, so is my echos.

new saws in the states are cheap compared to in a lot of other countries, I suppose that it's a volume thing. A 200t then and a 201t now is around a thousand bucks in these parts. People even buy them.

I saw the ten year old almost new saw when it first come up. If it's your dream climb saw though pricey it is def a good one . last time I checked it was still up.

I saw the ten year old almost new saw when it first come up. If it's your dream climb saw though pricey it is def a good one . last time I checked it was still up.

Glad I bought the last two factory modified 201t's here in my area last month...only mtronic's now.

I'll put one of my used ones away for a retirement fund, once they are all sold for scrap iron, the few left will be worth lots of money as collectors items.

I'm thinking something like the Bugatti Type 41 Cabriolet Weinberger, that someone bought off a scrap iron dealer for $400 once.
I know a bit about prices and values around here.
There is many of these, horribly many. Sadly there is not much popularity among collectors. If it is a oddball version perhaps one of the collectors that focus on this model might be interested, but to get more than 500SKR for a collector item it needs to be something special.
Its just too much €£$ to be having on a shelf in a collection.
The early 020 is a good example it is 40 years old now and should be a desireble collectors item as most think, but it isn't. I have 8 different versions 020 in collection and the AVP with heated handle and perhaps 020BIG is the ones that is less known and not so common. Still I doubt it would bring much interest for many collectors.
I have one new in box, never opened. I got this in a trade I think I have it in 400SKr or there about. If you put it on auction site now I think you get more for it than you will in 30-40 years.

A new 201t in Tasmania is $1499AUD right now...$1064USD at a conservative .71c to the dollar...
I checked yesterday.

Nope, I'm waiting for a client to pay me...from Nov 25th!!

An anyway that money will probably be used to pay my P/L premium for 2016...sigh.

Stihl screwed up when they first came out with the 201. They changed virtually every part of the 201 and few parts will interchange.
Early production 201t problems were early failure of ignition coils and defective carburetors. They had long warm up times and were sometimes hard to start.
Stihl offered an "Enhancement Pack" that you could buy to correct their defective parts!
Stihl will not recognize that there was a factory defect with early 201t.
I, personally, think this is the reason 200 sell so high.
I have had three 200 that were in excellent, near new condition, and I sold them for app. $430 each and the last one was for sale close to two months!
I guess other areas are different?

Or at the least available. I took part numbers to my dealer here and still couldn't buy it to fix that worthless POS that they released before the bugs were worked out. The later 201 was much improved.

Back