In The News...

:lol: Nah, my wilder days are over and past.

I did once beat on a train at three am with a 6' 2x4 until I woke the guys up and told them to move it down the tracks 1/2 mile into the woods where no one lived. The idiots stopped right in front of my house and went to sleep for the night with the engine running. No cars, just the engine with engineer and helper.

they told me "the railroad stops where and when it wants" and said to quit making noise so they could go to sleep....I invited them down to talk to me and my stick...they moved.

I hope everyone has turned off their ACs and refrigerators. John Kerry said that they are "as big a threat as Isis".

I missed that original source, anyone got a link to all this AC talk?

John Kerry has nice hair, so I couldn't disregard his comments completely. I turned down the temperature dial in the fridge one notch. I only really notice it with the beer.

Fellow I know did that too Dave. He lived north of the tracks and the train would always block his driveway so he could not go home or leave home.

Never in the middle, just the engine.

He started climbing the engine and was in the process of breaking out the window when they decided they would move.

Interesting breed, the rail road man.

Speaking of railroads, though I don't expect Dave would be much interested, the California state RR museum in Sacramento is a real cool place to visit. The engines are one thing, but some of the old style cars are real cozy.

I love seeing the old wooden cars, or the older more ornate stuff. I think a museum is a great place for that stuff.

I like the old IC engine shows too...just don't care to have one in my yard over the weekend.

A bolter is even way cooler at night, when you can see the afterburners kicking in. You're only 50, 75 feet away from the whole shebang... quite the rush! But, then your cussing because now (If the boltered bird was yours) you have to wait for it to circle back and try again.

Hands down my most favorite aircraft of all time. It was my most cherished model when I was a kid. Second fav aircraft = F-4 Phantom. :drink:

Back