Page 495 of 641 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6405

Thread: In The News...

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I had a girlfriend once in high school or just e year after high school I think. I remember two Mormon guys showing up randomly knocking at the door. They were there to try to convince her to come home to Utah and the church and all that jazz. Very serious about it. They were on a 'mission'.

I tried to explain to them they were too late. I had already corrupted her. Lol.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Default But, but...

They could "save" her!

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post
    They would probably want to secede. Separate from the godless heathens.

Polygymy had to be officially given up as part of statehood, I believe.

FIRST people I ran across in SW utah, coming in from NM, polygymists. Girl was about 14, with a diamond wedding ring. I thought it was tween make-up she was wearing, then I saw the ring. They owned a cafe way out. She served me.
    Haha! Last I knew only California was talking about leaving.

Mean old Mormons......
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKroll View Post
    Everyone????
    ...if you are a white mormon who abides by all the rules, especially a male.

All the 15-16 year old girls (youth at risk, wilderness therapy/ medium security juvenile justice system facility) all had smoked meth. Maybe the streets are clean, but there are still going to be homeless people, I'd bet money.

Its far from a utopia.
    there are a lot of Mormons from all over the world. their missions really do harvest some souls. they certainly put in the work.. you'll find salt lake city to be amazingly diverse. but you do have to be an active part of the church to reap the communist benefits of Mormonism I'm sure.

Obligatory 2 year 'missions' to convert people, since everyone else is wrong. Joseph Smith had the proof from God on the golden tablets that are readily visited by everyon... oh no, God only revealed the tablets to Joseph, and then took them back. Such a charlatan.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin bingham View Post
    there are a lot of Mormons from all over the world. their missions really do harvest some souls. they certainly put in the work.. you'll find salt lake city to be amazingly diverse. but you do have to be an active part of the church to reap the communist benefits of Mormonism I'm sure.
    Otherwise you're a second-class citizen.

You know the Mormon bible also holds down darkies, right? Recently changed in the church doctrine, so I'm sure everyone is up to speed on changing beliefs of holding other humans as inferiors.

I didn't visit SLC, hardly. Its beautiful. Their leader never saw it, because he was lynched in IL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Joseph_Smith

Another self-proclaimed religious crook.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

"Harvest some souls"...gad, that has a reek to it.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

You dont have to go on a mission. You can join the military instead.

Lots of Mormons I know did that. Dad served with a bunch of them.

Mormons take care of each other, and are prepared for just about anything. Not uncommon for them to have a couple year's worth of food stored away.

Stuck out in the desert in an attempt to weed them out.....I dont blame them.

The govt actually asked some of them to move into this valley back when they first got it so the river would run all year.

They wanted to develop irrigation, and who better to ask but the Mormons.

Near as I can tell, the Mormons up here have never turned anyone away who asked for help. Maybe its a community thing though.
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Helluva story, Sean. I didn't know Jos. Smith was lynched. Zealots in anything are dangerous.
    Gary

Woot woot go IL!!! That shit don't fly here hahahahahaha
    Kyle