In The News...

Better there than here. I'm not so much a "Not in my backyard" kinda guy as I am the "Get off my lawn" type. Been practicing my grumpy old man since I was a teenager.

Ahem, hgurgurgurgurhhhhg, Ahem.

PHUK OFF BACK TO CHINA, PINKO COMMIE SPY!

There that should do it, though I feel it's about the extent of the xenophobia I can manage before breakfast.

How do you know this her official victory speech? Because someone told you?

Or is it that she’s being interviewed by KTSF which broadcasts lots of Chinese content for the large Chinese population of SF?

She speaks fluent English apparently.

@Mick! I really don't appreciate it when you say things that make sense. It's not a good look. 😜

I was lazy and didn't do my due diligence on that one. Please commence the shaming by throwing rotten cabbage and tomatoes at me.

I'm a big boy. I can admit when I'm wrong. I'm notoriously impulsive at times.

Well, they are banning books the governor and the moral majority finds "unsuitable" so why not.

I'm not looking for allies, I'm simply pointing out that Mike rowe is a complete joke and will say anything for a buck. I'm technically an independent contractor as well with my tree service, so I'm not sure where you were aiming with all that anyways. The problem is that for far too long contractors and companies have used the "he's not an employee he's a private contractor" to avoid paying taxes, insurance, unemployment, etc. The biggest offenders are amazon, uber, lyft, call centers etc., but your local hack tree service does the same thing, no need to carry work comp or have payroll, just 1099 him at the end of the year. Most the people here don't run under the table like that, so it wouldn't have bothered them either, and they would likely support having a level playing field for a change.

The whole thing is a presentation by Americans for prosperity, one of the koch brothers organizations. They aren't fans of employees having any say in their lives, or even pretending to pay them a livable wage. If you were looking for a rich oligarch pulling the strings look no further, i give you one of the largest donors to the republican party, complete with think tanks just to further their agenda. They've hired rowe to be their connection to blue collar workers, same as when they were pushing the whole skills gap lie that he's been hawking for 20 years. This is literally propaganda put out by one of the richest people in the country.

The bill also had stuff to give workers (employees) more say in their day to day lives, stuff to clean up labor laws to fit their original purpose again, made it easier for workers to form or join a union if they wanted to, and pushed back on some of the intimidation companies used. This country did better when workers did better, this bill was to help them for a change. No wonder the party of tax cuts and privatization was against it, and the democrat senators from wv and arizona killed it. It wouldn't have helped me, but it would have made life better for a large portion of working people, who would then have more money to hire tree work.

Back