In The News...

So we would have to reject all federal aid to be able to say no to depositing war torn people from a country our FEDERAL govt had a direct hand in tearing apart?

Am I the only one who doesn't think this makes sense anymore?

Discrimination? You bet. Call it that if you want.

Nope, just the money earmarked for that cause.

It's nothing to do with what I want. What should it be called?
Merriam Webster: "the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually" Do you feel I used it incorrectly?

Again: "How do you see this as an encroachment on State's rights?"

IN either asked for or accepted offered money for a specific purpose with certain strings attached to the use of said money...they get the money and then decide to do something else with it outside the boundaries of the agreement.

Maybe try taking it out of the context of prejudice/war/personal feelings about immigration or Fed vs State, etc. and look at it as a simple agreement/contract. The State in this case wanted to receive the money, but not hold up their end of the agreement.

Well, Dave I feel the contract has been nullified by the careless actions of the contract holder.

This is no contract. Its a pusher telling you he is going to cut you off if you dont let his strung out cousin stay at your place.

And for the record, all I have is a New Zealand dictonary. Amazing differences, I dont use it much!:)

Actions of how the refugees. or call them what you will. came to their circumstances, has zip to do with whether IN spent money given them within the parameters of an agreement they made to get said money. To me, you're mixing two completely different subjects together.

I believe it is actually an agreement in writing. Since when is any gov't not overly enthusiastic on paperwork?

I understand your opinion, but I still don't see how the State's Rights have been violated. They can simply not take the money. and spend their own. or not have that particular program.

Ok, so taking the tape was wrong, but hard to believe that another cop turned him in for it. That's going to make him a favourite in the department. Reminds me of a skinny kid named Jeff in my six grade class. He liked to tell the teacher about classmates doing something that the teacher wouldn't approve of. One of those people that you'd love to forget, but can't.

Or they had been looking for any way to get rid of this tape thief guy and this opportunity popped up.:/:

I agree Ger, he should have shot someone and now he would have a years paid leave till it went to trial and book contracts to boot

Well, we're talking the bible belt. There are a lot of things they can't fire a person for they might want to...

Yup, Parks dept missed the memo or something and they copy righted all the names. Paid a lot of money so it would seem. They want the parks department to buy the names back or ditch them. A lot of people pissed off about this round here.

Big gas explosion destroyed three shops..... 6-8 miles due south of me... I think the buildings are (I should say were, as they're rubble now) owned by one person, as we did building clearance pruning on all their street trees a couple years ago. Looks like at least some of the trees survived. I'd sold that job while doing the same on even more trees just across the street, and the owner saw us working..... It happened at 1:30 am, so no one was in the buildings, but nine firefighters had some level of injuries..all are OK now.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/201...greenwood-several-firefighters-hurt/81518136/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GJ2PewKGa0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back