In The News...

I think we have the "castle" law here. If anywhere on your property you fear for your life you're gtg for a double tap.

In my neck of the woods you can not discharge a fire arm for self defence.

Really?

Seems arguable to me?

By court ruling in 2011, a resident is permitted to use "reasonable and necessary" force in subduing an intruder in his or her private domicile or business. By definition, killing the intruder is only an option if non-lethal means cannot be carried out, and excessive force with obvious intent to kill is not necessarily defensible in court.

That's the law in Canada.

Peter. Do you have a lot of or any experience with gunplay outside of the military? Have you been threatened? Have your loved ones been threatened or harmed by a gun?

Where I live it's safe safe safe. I sleep with my screen doors unlocked. Every night. Man. I don't even have keys to my friggin house. Ffs, I'm tired of hearing how bad it is here. Lmao.

Brian. You really think that's the problem with Canada? Like there is some kind of problem? Here's how I'll go to sleep tonight just like every night and sleep like a baby. Can you do that? Why not? Even with all your gun freedom?

IMG_1437.jpg

Dude! your gonna let the bears in!!!

Really?

Seems arguable to me?

By court ruling in 2011, a resident is permitted to use "reasonable and necessary" force in subduing an intruder in his or her private domicile or business. By definition, killing the intruder is only an option if non-lethal means cannot be carried out, and excessive force with obvious intent to kill is not necessarily defensible in court.

That's the law in Canada.

Peter. Do you have a lot of or any experience with gunplay outside of the military? Have you been threatened? Have your loved ones been threatened or harmed by a gun?

Where I live it's safe safe safe. I sleep with my screen doors unlocked. Every night. Man. I don't even have keys to my friggin house. Ffs, I'm tired of hearing how bad it is here. Lmao.

Brian. You really think that's the problem with Canada? Like there is some kind of problem? Here's how I'll go to sleep tonight just like every night and sleep like a baby. Can you do that? Why not? Even with all your gun freedom?

View attachment 80600

I may have returned home from a pig roast last night in a slightly intoxicated frame of mind.

But I myself am quite happy with the requirements and restrictions for gun use up here.

But. It's having all types here that makes for some interesting and heated debate right?

Even if they don't agree with me and are wrong.:D

I am shocked no one has said it before, but please keep your racist, hate-filled bullshit to yourself.

I feel that speaking up is a part of our social obligation. But BlackSmith's comments don't come off as rising to that level for me for some reason. He is an equal opportunity offender. Different people, different points, in different threads. And...I suspect he thinks he likes it that way.

Just sayin BlackSmith. :)

Acknowledging differences between different races is not racist. Just as acknowledging differences between different sexes is not sexist. If you're going to fly off into hysterics every time somebody says something like that then it's gonna get real old real quick.

Meanwhile, you're isolated in your nice little retreat up in the woods where you are well insulated from the normal day to day occurrences going on in every densely populated inner city in the country. It's easy to be a SJW when you're hundreds of miles from the nearest ghetto.

It used to be like that here then diversity happened...

It's rather complex, the subject of ethnic diversity and how it relates to crime. Studies have been done and the results show a lot of variables, but it would be the truth to say that a number of the conclusions agree with the above statement. It isn't merely crime between groups either, it's looking at the amount of crime within a specific group between themselves as well, when compiling statistics. Being factual isn't racist.

Ethnicity or cultural heritage, language, religion, along with income, would be ways of showing differences between groups. As far as income, the fact of economic stress being conducive to crime is well known. It's not hard to connect the dots between crime within certain racial groups and the mean incomes that they live on.

Back