In The News...

Just heading back to the good old days of debtor's prison...Hard to believe that's not from my State...MI spends horrendous amounts on the privately owned incarceration business, as well as the State owned.

The taxi drivers of the world are going to love that one.

Wow, strange seeing as paint is probably the most common weatherproofing used to preserve a wooden house.

He actually asked the City if he could paint a shutter or they stopped him in the act of it?

Was he avoiding getting some type of required permit? Was the house in a designated historical area or just historical somehow in it's own way?

Seems kind of an overkill to burn it down over one shutter...

I guess he wanted to change the color, and they would not go for it. He said some busy body from the city preservation outfit did not like the color, and said it did not work for her historic society.

Thats about all I know.

Overkill? Sometimes I overreact, one of my many love able qualities!

Ah, I've heard of the color thing and the busy-bodies causing trouble before. Seems there's at least one in every crowd eh?

The HIll District in the article is a very vibrant part of the city...very active night life, lot of young professionals, plenty of money flowing, and close to major city things. It's arguably the most vibrant and economy boosting section of the City.

The guy who is trying to change the law went to the State first, trying to circumvent any interference for his plans by anyone her in West MI. He lives in a very rich, exclusive neighborhood that borders the historical district. Many in his own community are against his move, motives, and underhanded way he went about this as well.

You may not want to tell your firemen buddies that. :P

Speaking of firemen, I was informed that I'm supposed to buy a big bottle of sake for the volunteer fire department that showed up at my shop fire the other day. I don't have to get anything for the regular fire department that showed up too and liquified the place, because it's their job and they get paid. Kind of irks me, I mean the volunteers did show up after the regulars, but all they did was stand around in their gear or get in the way. Can't argue that they did rush over in their way of sorts. When is Rome, I guess....

Yah. I can't believe no one on the train took him out. I dunno but assault a 96 year old fellow with me around for riding the bus and it's gonna be on.

Back