In The News...

No you run for your life :lol: i was in a chemical plant, craning in a large tank when i storm blew in. It was blowing so hard water was coming in the door and hitting the wall 20 feet away. The tank started bouncing up and down, so i radioed the crane operator to see if he was hitting his overload capacity. He said no he was fine, but said there's a ton of lightning and we should get out of there. That sounded intelligent to me, so we all started heading to the door. Just then the power cut out, lights go out, and a 6 or 8 inch steam relief started blowing wide open. Of course i didn't know that it was a steam relief, designed to blow to when the hydrogen system relief was triggered (or when the power goes out), all I knew was that it was loud as eff and i probably should stick around to find out. I passed all of the apprentices sprinting to the storm shelter :lol:

Terrible accident, hopefully no one was killed. I wonder what could have possibly caused something like that...

yeah i'm no engineer but that was a lot of widespread and intense damage. Kinda weird.

It's not weird at all, the electricians had a picket a month before because they weren't even using licensed sparkys, let alone union. When you hire the cheapest unqualified people to do stuff, this is the result. I would guess either faulty welds on the structural steel or improper/ partial bolt up of the steel. When assembling structural steel they usually only put a couple bolts in to hold it in place, then a bolt up crew follows behind a few floors down. If they don't (are behind schedule, etc) this could happen as well.

I can't believe they actually thought they could get away with that. I've seen that shootout several times already.

Democrat from Baltimore Elijah Cummings died at 68.

giphy.gif

She should be brought back and tried as anyone else would. When a death is involved, the diplomatic immunity thing should be waived!

Back