In The News...

That's a big part of it....balanced strength with good flexibility. Some folks have great biceps muscles but neglect triceps. Good shoulder joint protection/support needs balanced pectorals, traps and lats...a 3 way "lock" when needed.

Over emphasis on pects gets impressive chest development (looks "good") but if the traps and lats are not strong and supple the person has limited range of motion...often they'll have a rounded back because the pects pull the shoulders forward...they trapezoids/upper back need to offset the pectoral pull.

I think of grappling training as a younger man's game...most folks over 40 are not suited for regular grappling as I see it. IF you have been working all along as a grappler that's different...lots of older BJJ guys that can still do it. I'd just be wary of starting at ground zero if over 40 unless you have a really good and understanding teacher.

That's my line of thought Too Gary. I'm strong enough and well put together enough I believe. But I'm just not looking to risk any injury at my age now for the sake of grappling. I save my risk taking for two wheels. I am starting to 'gear up' my training for the upcoming riding season. Calisthenics are my go to. No gyms, no rigging. Push ups, sit-ups, and chores mostly.

What makes you think it isn't?

Do you know anything about explosives, Sean?

ANFO is dirt cheal to make.

Needed to insert sarcastic, icon.

Are explosives cheap and easy to make, of course, with the internet... Problem is those dum brownies are poor and dum. Insert large sarcastic emoji

No.
Doesn't mean I don't know about them.
I know a lot of stuff, without being an expert in any of it.

I try to be a renaisance man.
Instead of watching stupid shit on television, I read books and try to better my knowledge and understanding of all kinds of stuff.

Anything else I can do for you today?

“Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke. Of the public reaction, he said it was ridiculous how people took things so "literally and seriously" so that their "heads explode". :/:

Back