In The News...

You guys really need to get a couple more political parties.
This republican/democrat sniping is really bringing the country down.

Looking at it from my seat...

This guy Kavanaugh, how can there really be any serious question of stopping him being a whatever he is going to be on the basis of a he said/she said thing at a party over thirty years ago?

Not just there, this sort of knee jerk over reaction to someone like Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein getting away with it for years leads to trial by public opinion on others afterwards.

Maybe this guy is a jerk, but real justice seems to have gone out of the window.

He is a politician, so that is pretty much a given.

Apart from that, I agree.

But I also think this was needed.
There have been a lot of male assholes, getting away with a lot of shit, and meanwhile giving the rest of the male sex a bad name.
Good to see them ousted.
Now the movement has run off the rails somehow, but eventually it'll find it's way back.

Stig, you are so right about the number of parties.

I've read more than one study that showed the longevity of party systems is less than those with a higher number of political parties.

The US today is an excellent example of some of the downfalls of a two party system that is designed to keep other parties from ever gaining a foothold on power.

Evidently our congress has paid out ~17m of taxpayer money in the last 10 years or so as hush money to shut up accusers of congressmen...

I believe they actually denied memory of the party...not that it ever happened...big difference.

The lack of witnesses could easily be from fear of retribution...very rich, connected & powerful man, and selected by a very vengeful, rich, powerful person.

Very easy to get tons of favourable letters of support for a person of his stature & money. She had many too, but is also not without means & support...

I watched both entire testimonies.

If this was a hatchet job it was a pretty good one...

Great strategy by the majority party to use a Prosecutor to question her...just by word association it made her look like a defendant.

The most I got from it was that he doesn't have the emotional reserve to be a Justice on the Supreme Court...but I'm betting he will be after the dog & pony show is over.

I seriously think he snorted something before his testimony...He came out raging, red faced, constantly sniffing, and very articulate...coming down, as the day wore on, he was more calm but highly frustrated & disrespectful...his answers became less mindful, many times having answers that had no relevance to the questions...this with having ~Two weeks to prepare for testifying.

Going to be an interesting Midterm...

I also watched the entire testimonies of both. I did not find him disrespectful, really. I mean he told the one guy if he wanted to go through his high school year book, go for it. Frustrated, yes I imagine he is. It will be interesting if the FBI missed something about his character in the last 6 FBI probes.

doyyrzwucai7oe2-jpg.1518884

I feared this would happen!

Attachments

• 43398184_2179608758780188_1291059584265355264_n.jpg
    43398184_2179608758780188_1291059584265355264_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 25
Back