In The News...

“By 1970, when she joined the Peoples Temple in California aged 22, she had already been tear-gassed protesting against the Vietnam war, worked with the Black Panthers and attended the famous 1969 Woodstock festival.”

bout sums it up...

Boggles my mind. How is it possible to convince hundreds of people to murder kids and commit suicide?
Madness.

Did not know about the Kool aid thing, have heard the Yanks use it before and wondered..

Great how on this story two obsessives immediately jump on their respective horses and gallop around. Butch on the anti religion thing and (Bizarrely) Bob saying she a liberal, so presumably deserved it in some way.

Go figure.

Hé used religion as a device/tool/leverage to kill those people.

Same way as a mass gunman uses a gun, and as we all know “guns don’t kill people, people kill people”

Qcp3KQp.gif

“Bob saying she a liberal, so presumably deserved it in some way.“

In no way did I even think that she deserved to die Mick, easily influenced (brainwashed) yes. Damn dude.

ETA: I do tend to agree that religion didn’t kill those people as much as their inability to make the right life choices, decisions. Sheeple have a bad habit of being followers.

Not aligning to your particular flavour of politics does not make her easily brainwashed.

Nor does marching against the Vietnam war or going to a concert.

Don’t play the shocked and appalled card Bob, you posted a picture of a pig being evacuated from the fires in CA and made a joke about some female film star whilst people (your countrymen) and their homes were being burnt.

Have you seen her stand up routine Michael..? She’d be a pig if she was the queen of England or the junkie down the street.

Don’t play the shocked and appalled card Bob, you posted a picture of a pig being evacuated from the fires in CA and made a joke about some female film star whilst people (your countrymen) and their homes were being burnt.

True.

Me and Bob have butted heads over this before. He likes to post jokes in bad taste/inappropriate places at times. It's all a ruse to get a rise out of people I think. Still not cool though. I let that one slide Bob. :P. Barely.

I woulda thunk there was a chill vibe in BC

Cities are cities wherever you go and hard drug addicts/weirdos abound. Shit my local city here I have to be on guard due to the homeless and addicts wandering about. I feel sorry for people less secure in their ability to well be secure. Tigers eye in the city. Always.

Back