In The News...

Wow, Levi 2.0, very cool indeed. I love stuff like that.

I just measured the head of Thais, my only dog.
White Shepherd/ White Alsatian/ Berger blanc suisse is the breed.
Fair size dog, about 80 pds, but his head is only 23 centimeters long.

That wolf was one hell of a critter.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/iU6FQdu"><a href="//imgur.com/a/iU6FQdu">"Okay, Okay... I sleep here now"</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ha Butch that is awesome.

Encountering a pack of those wolves would probably be the end of the line for most but to think someone befriended one of those beasts and made it his pet is some seriously manly shit! Maybe the scientists can make a clone of the dire wolf and sell them to zoos and drug dealers and probably putin would want a pack too.

I think it’s generally thought that the pups were taken and domesticated.

The relationship between man and dog/wolf is a fascinating one, how it evolved and how it benefited both parties.

True but befriending an adult wolf is not totally impossible imo, over the millennia. Some wolves would tend to be more friendly etc and if one of those was perhaps real hungry and came sorta begging to a camp fire, over time he might be brought into the fold. An allied example is the wolf in AK who was beside himself to play with dogs, there's a book on him, "A wolf called Romeo", he was a bit of a sensation till he was shot and killed by a numbnuts with a .22

Interesting. Yes, my original notion was based off of a historical fiction short I read in high school about "the first domestic dog" was a curious wolf who let a human feed and touch him, his pack would not let him return so he had no choice to return and beg scraps from the human.

If they don't stay for work, FIRE THOSE FUCKERS. We pay them to work. Scumbag politicians. (notice it doesn't say scumbag Republican politicians).

I don't understand the 'send bachelors' part. Someone else clue me in?

Do you understand what the HB 2020 is..?

Anyway, your people did the same in 2001...

https://oregoncatalyst.com/44731-fl...1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

In 2001, the Oregon State Legislature was controlled by Republicans. Specifically, the House had 32 Republicans, 27 Democrats, and 1 Independent. The sitting governor was none other than the infamous John Kitzhaber, who was part way through his second term after being re-elected in 1998. It was late June, and the legislature was in the middle of redistricting; A process when the legislature redraws district lines every ten years to realign the districts with population based on numbers from the Federal census.

House Republicans and Gov. Kitzhaber were unable to agree on how to draw district lines and time was running out. Kitzhaber threatened to veto any Republican map he didn’t like. The Oregon Constitution mandated that if lines were not drawn by June 30 of a redistricting year, the Secretary of State is then given authority to draw the maps (See Article IV of the Oregon Constitution). Secretary of State Bill Bradbury, a Democrat, was ready, willing, and able to draw a map that Republicans hated. The GOP decided to make a long shot attempt in to enact a Republican plan. Instead of passing redistricting through a House or Senate bill that must be signed by the governor, they wrote a Joint Resolution to enact redistricting. A House (or Senate) Joint Resolution only requires the approval of both the House and Senate to be valid (both were under Republican control in 2001). Democrats threatened to go to court, but Republicans were out of options.

Enter Oregon House Democrats who — in protest of the Republican maneuver they considered to be illegal—left the Capitol and returned to their districts. They were absent a total of five days before they returned and eventually voted on a GOP redistricting plan. Eventually, Bradbury got to draw the maps. The rest is interesting, but not particularly relevant to the current topic.

It is important to note that several recent Democratic lawmakers participated in or supported the same 2001 quorum denial strategy now being employed by Senate Republicans. They are:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Senate Minority Leader Kate Brown (current governor)

Representative Phil Barnhart (former State Representative)

Representative Alan Bates (former State Senator)

Representative Richard Devlin (former State Senator)

Representative Mark Hass (current State Senator)

Representative Laurie Monnes Anderson (current State Senator)

Representative Diane Rosenbaum (former State Senator)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are two significant quotes Democrats provided to the press in 2001:

Senate Democratic Leader Kate Brown, D-Portland, called the House Democrats’ actions “very appropriate under the circumstances.”

“Under certain circumstances, it’s fair to say we would use all tools available to us, and stage a similar boycott,” she said.

AP, June 25, 2001

The stalemate, he said “is a little frustrating for me” and “isn’t what I signed up for.” But he added that the Democratic walkout made a point about preserving the minority’s voting rights, which Democrats think may be compromised by the Republican redistricting plan.

“I don’t think,” Hass said, “standing up for fairness and protecting the constitution is something we need to hide from.”

Rep. Mark Hass to The Oregonian, June 28, 2001

The history is clear: a number of current Senate Democrats, and Oregon’s current governor, either participated in or supported denial of a quorum in 2001. Whatever you think about the maneuver, in Oregon it’s a bipartisan one.

How wonderful......The Right Hon Gov Brown needs these laws passed in this manner because she knows that she cant let the crummy bastards in Oregon vote.

They would not pass.

So the R's skip town.....and she says they aren't properly representing their constituents!

They are indeed representing the constituents.

So long Oregon......it was nice knowing ya.

Not at all Sean. I’m with you on this one, I think Governor Brown (then Senator Brown) should have been fired back in 2001 along with the other Democrats that walked out. Did anybody care to read and understand what HB 2020 is?

You're talking about union workers, right, Sean?

Politicians

Union workers

Government workers

private industry workers

everyone, go to work, do your job, get paid, go home.

But in this point, the politicians, as I understand it, who walked out of work, to avoid having enough people at work to do the work they're hired to do. Why representatives aren't at more votes, electronically or in-person, doesn't make sense to me. IDK much about it, TBH.

Actually they’re doing their job by walking out. HB2020 is in nobody’s best interest.

“IDK much about it, TBH.”

Yet here we are...

Back