In The News...

She would have been just arriving or very neary arriving when the reports started coming in.

Quite the comms black out once you leave LA.

Would be terrible having to wait for word from a loved one if they had gone to evening prayer at one of those mosques.

We'd both have been sterilized by the government, Butch.

Would have saved me going to Planned Parenthood for it, I guess.

Modifying our genes is eugenics. Can we not start that again plz, k thx. We already did the whole ww2 thing once, non eugenics won.

I've been expecting to hear that DNA tests for genealogy reports had become part of criminal investigation databases for years now. I strongly suspected this would be the case right from the start.

https://www.technologyreview.com/th...ow-solving-recent-crimes-not-just-cold-cases/

I just saw a youtube vid of 3 older cases solved all by DNA, two by info on those open genealogy sites. On one of the cases being reviewed in 2018 they sent the perps DNA to a company that could put together a predictive picture of what the perpetrator looks like from his DNA - first time I heard of that. (Guy ended up being caught not by how close his likeness was to real life, you could see similarities but not exact likeness.)

Wow.

I hadn't heard of the likeness thing either...my thoughts were more along the lines of family...they can tell if someone is a child, parent, sibling, cousin etc. of a perpetrator on the database.

Unfortunately I'm betting we won't see as much energy put into finding wrongful prosecution as we will in attaining more imprisonment.

Kind of crazy shit here. Many of you probably recall my uncle who did the treework with me. His son was caught in a avalanche inbounds at our local ski hill. Busted up bad, cracked or broke every single rib. Hung upside down in a tree for 90minites before ski patrol got to him. Many other injuries listed in the article too. Broken jaw, dislocated hip/femur, broken ankle. Pretty brutal. We were neighbours as kids so pretty close to each other. Like the article says. He's a hell of a nice guy. Lucky to have no spine or brain injuries, and well lucky to have lived.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vernon-man-wi...ied-as-silver-star-avalanche-victim-1.4349367

Crazy chit, Squish. Here's to hoping he's snowboarding again, good as new, soon.

Back