In The News...

I'm sure the fellow will be explaining it all in detail once he heals up and hits the talk show circuit. I guarantee you he will be on Ellen in under 6 months.

Really!

I love dogs but severiously dislike those two German breeds that were bred for intimidation purposes only.

Dobermann and Rottweiler.

I've had both those breeds nearly lick my face off... I shart my skivvies I was so intimidated!!!

You love Pitbulls, too.

But then, you apparently don't love statistics.

I just don't like dogs that are made for that purpose. That doesn't mean the individual dog can't be a nice one.
Just like me disliking Muslims as a whole doesn't mean I can't like them individually, and do.

Mick, did I make up a new word?
Had to happen eventually:lol:

“Signage in Spanish and English has been put in place warning individuals of these dangers and prohibiting access,” the statement said.

They better put up signs about the dangers of tunnelling right under that wire.

Tunnels are stone age technology that have been important in lots of battles!

I wonder which would be cheaper, to rebuild the wall all the time, or to just keep blowing holes in it. Always seems harder and more expensive to put things together correctly, then destroy them.

If only it was cheap to make explosives.

What makes you think it isn't?

Do you know anything about explosives, Sean?

ANFO is dirt cheal to make.

Cool cougar vid and discussion. TH rocks :drink:

I watched it in slo mo- the dog looks to have been sleeping and somehow it heard or sensed the cougar when the cougar was about 3' away. The dog went to bite at the cougar's face and the cougar opened its own mouth and just slid right under the dog's jaws to the dog's throat and locked on. Looked like a well practiced move as well as instinctual perhaps. Game over but for the dog's collar, apparently. Interesting how the dog was defenseless once it was grabbed by the throat, no amount of scratching or wrestling was going to have any effect. I was thinking that if it was a human grabbed like that, assuming their wind pipe etc was not immediately crushed, with thumbs and thought they could likely reach the cat's eyes and commence gouging.

Good stuff, Squish. Now that you have your new job and perhaps some extra free time, you'd probably love BJJ jiu jitsu

To worried about having my teeth knocked out.....again. My front four teeth are a bridge. I hate dental work.

Too worried about having my teeth knocked out.....again. My front four teeth are a bridge. I hate dental work.

As you probably know there is no striking in bjj. Some folks wear a mouthguard against the possibility of a freak blow to the mouth while rolling

That would be my luck. Inadvertent elbow or whatever. Wrastling is good fun though! When younger most all feuds amongst my mates was solved by a match of wrastling. No blows, submission for the win or truce for a draw.

Cool cougar vid and discussion. TH rocks :drink:

I watched it in slo mo- the dog looks to have been sleeping and somehow it heard or sensed the cougar when the cougar was about 3' away. The dog went to bite at the cougar's face and the cougar opened its own mouth and just slid right under the dog's jaws to the dog's throat and locked on. Looked like a well practiced move as well as instinctual perhaps. Game over but for the dog's collar, apparently. Interesting how the dog was defenseless once it was grabbed by the throat, no amount of scratching or wrestling was going to have any effect. I was thinking that if it was a human grabbed like that, assuming their wind pipe etc was not immediately crushed, with thumbs and thought they could likely reach the cat's eyes and commence gouging.

Meanwhile the cat would be eviscerating your guts out with it's hind feet, claws at full extension. Very unlikely to prevail in hand to hand combat against a mountain lion, us soft humans.

Meanwhile the cat would be eviscerating your guts out with it's hind feet, claws at full extension. Very unlikely to prevail in hand to hand combat against a mountain lion, us soft humans.

Fully agree. But the cat in the vid appeared to be 100% committed to the throat lock, his claws weren't in play. So I thought a human might have a sliver of a chance to attack the eyes. Like they say to do with sharks

Back