In The News...

I guess his composition didn't live up to: " music hath charms to sooth a savage breast."

It was a grizzly that ate that guy. 'Grizz, the only bear to fear'

Black bears are like neighbours pets up here. Shoo them off if they're menacing your garbage.

Justin, why don't you go to Greenland.
You know, the lil' ol' piece of land that the Trumpster wanted to buy.

Then go tell one of the Polar bears that Grizz is the only bear to fear:lol:

Polar bear looks at us as prey.
Far as I know, no other bear does that.
You can scare Grizz off, try that with Polar.

If grizzly bears 'scare off'. I think that might be news to them. ;)

I've never met a polar bear. But if I do. I'll just offer him a coke.

Come on Justin.
Let us not turn this into an our bears are wickeder that your bear, thing.

I've been around Grizzly and yes, they scare off...................sometimes.

In 84 or 5 my x and I were hitchhiking through Canada up to Alaska and back.
Saw plenty of the buggers there, camping out every night.
More of a nuisance than a scare, though.

But when we passed back through northern Idaho ( I think, been an ungodly lot of years) we saw an article in a local paper about a female ranger who had shot a large male Grizzly.

It had done 2 of the fake attacks that they will do, and she had just held her ground.
3rd time she waited till he was real close, and put a bullet from her .357 Magnum in his brain.
Dropped him on the spot.

Talk about being cool under fire!

The newspaper guy asked her why she'd shot the 3rd time and she told him, she just knew that one was for real.

I’m quite scared of bears, it’s their range of skills, they run bloody fast, superb sense of smell, seems like they really hold a grudge as well.

Uhh Stig you know we have polar bears too right? So it was only you imagining a international chest thumping over bears. 8)

The general knowledge/rule of thumb is to not challenge or try to scare off a grizzly. Atleast that I'm aware of. Submission, quiet posture and averted eyes is the playbook I was taught. Lots of people mistake brown bears for grizzlys in my locale which are just brown black bears. Shoo them away like a stray dog.

We had a black bear raiding trash cans around here for a while. They're just larger versions of the Trash Pandas. Shine a flashlight on them and they run away.

Quicksand.png

So now I have to get the numbers of Polar bear kills.

Problem with that will be that most are inuit, so no-one registers them.

Frigging bears. When I was like 14-17 I worked on a farm all through high school and it was loads of fun changing irrigation in the cornfield this time of year. You'd hear the buggers tromping around in there. atleast they were well fed. I'd have a half broken down dirtbike and not much else. All hand move guns on the farm I was on. Just whistle a tune and hope for the best. Never did have an issue though. It was just part of the job, yup there's bears in there. Be careful.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="IQgWLxv"><a href="//imgur.com/IQgWLxv">Family day out.</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You should put that in the Gifs thread soowz no one misses it.

I would so dig sitting with a cup of coffee watching that out my window

Until livestock were being threatened.
We have a family of cats across the street in the vineyard. Never see them much.

Back