Page 652 of 728 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 7280

Thread: In The News...

TreeHouser Sponsor kevin bingham's Avatar

I guess since mexico isn't paying for it they couldnt put it on the southern side.

It does look like a prison. I'd be pissed too if I lived there.
    Saw a few people ruin their day with concertina wire. And a dog that got caught up in it chasing some asshole.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Other than a bullet to the brain, razor wire is a great stopper of people!

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

Bullets in my neighbourhood last night. I know the house. It's about 1/2km away from my place. Right were my kid gets off the school bus. Crazy shit. I had the new owner who just bought a year ago pegged as some form of drug dealer.

The gist of it I guess is the homeowner sustained injury but one of the robbers is dead and the other is now in police custody. Targeted burglary.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--2-.htm

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Crikey!!!

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

That's what I said. Down where the house is its smallish lots. Like 1/2acre kind of a scene. Neighbours on both sides who's homes would only be like 100'-150' away, houses both sides of the street. Cops crawling all over the hood today.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

I tangled with a feral "normal" cat about 70 feet up once...doing a rescue for a neighborhood organization...they took up a collection to save poor kitty. Cat jumped from his perch across in front of me towards another limb to escape me. I instinctively reached out and caught it by the tail between my 3rd and 4th fingers. It went bonkers, I was all WTF do I do now. In the process of changing my grip to it's neck I took 2 bites to the hand and was really pissed off...really wanted to kill the mofo. I stuffed his ass in the bag and took him down.

Just a normal size cat is a hand-full of madness and havoc...80 pounds? The ranger said the runner used rocks (in his hands as weapons I assume) at first...probably stunned the cougar some. Otherwise I don't see how he could keep a healthy cougar from writhing and twisting away. I agree with Stig, it would have to be done from the back of the cat but the cat had to be in a compromised state.

Sweeps and chokes are best done when the victim is off balance or stunned...preferably stunned.
    Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9JtZ9hOq6Q

Glad we’re back on the cougar thing.

Here’s a vid of a cougar attacking a Doberman (the Doberman survives unscathed thanks to a spiked collar, otherwise I wouldn’t post it)

Some points to consider.

Within 2 seconds the battle is effectively over, the dog is rolled over and in a death grip.

It looks like on larger prey a cat like that goes for strangulation, something we have all seen on nature programmes, big cats taking down large herbivores. The idea that it’ll come in and rip you to shreds (how I saw it) is erroneous.

Anyway, interesting stuff. Glad I’ve had other people with whom to talk about it.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Good video...amazing the dog made it. He was almost a goner. Agree on the strangulation but sometimes the bite breaks/damages the spine...quicker than the air or blood choke.

I think the shredding just happens as the legs/paws stabilize the victim.
    Gary

True, he moved round to the top of the neck later, whether that was by choice or due to the dogs efforts to escape, I dunno.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick