Pollarding and Haircuts...

Merle Nelson

TreeHouser
Prospective new customers that are in a big hurry, I tell them they would be happier finding someone else. If you want great work and things done just as I said I would - then I'm your guy.

If I may steal that line, Merle, I will get some use out of it.

That line goes along with what a wise man once told me that 'good arb work should be invisible' . I use that a lot of the time when customer don't think i have taken enough off or out of a tree. that line along with a picture of the brash pile before chipping has saved me going back up trees again.

I totally disagree with the idea of not being able to tell its been pruned. It should show, and look natural in the end. Nothing like a haircut. Unless they are being pruned every year, like a guy getting a hair cut, unless its done weekly, it should show and look natural.

I totally disagree with the idea of not being able to tell its been pruned. It should show, and look natural in the end. Nothing like a haircut. Unless they are being pruned every year, like a guy getting a hair cut, unless its done weekly, it should show and look natural.

I took that to mean after the pruning everything looks natural, as opposed to being all hacked up. I tell my customers that it will look like nobody was there, also. Obviously, if you had the benefit of seeing the "before" and "after" right away, you'd probably be able to tell the difference. But somebody coming along "after" only probably wouldn't notice that it had just been pruned. Unless they saw the big pile of brush underneath.

That line goes along with what a wise man once told me that 'good arb work should be invisible' . I use that a lot of the time when customer don't think i have taken enough off or out of a tree. that line along with a picture of the brash pile before chipping has saved me going back up trees again.

I often take a pic of the pile, also, to "prove" I actually did something.

Love those pollards, old properly maintained ones have a stark beauty...

Looks like the brush pile pictures are something lots of us do...I especially take them for clients who live overseas,just to show them what we did for the money that is on the invoice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to start doing brush pile pictures - sometimes.

I tell people, If a guest came over the day after I completed your trees they wouldn't focus on that they just had a haircut, they would just notice they were neat and beautiful.

Back