Very Bad misprint int New England Safety Blue product sheet?

Is this a really bad misprint or do I not understand something? In the splicing instructions it says "3 Strand Eye Splice". When I did my eye I used the hivee instructions

https://www.treestuff.com/store/images/pdf/BSB.pdf

On the 1st page of that New England download there's a photo of a climber making what looks like a very deep Humboldt facecut into a very large stem.
Meanwhile his climbing line is tied in about 20 ft above him and his lanyard is above his cut.....of course he'll get his line down and lower his lanyard before he makes his back cut, but just saying that facecut looks deeper then it should be and just hope a big gust of wind doesn't come up.
I would have topped alot further up and probably wouldn't even need the pull line.

I actually laughed when I read it was three strand splice.

It must have been a Friday afternoon when they proof read that manual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On the 1st page of that New England download there's a photo of a climber making what looks like a very deep Humboldt facecut into a very large stem.
Meanwhile his climbing line is tied in about 20 ft above him and his lanyard is above his cut.....of course he'll get his line down and lower his lanyard before he makes his back cut, but just saying that facecut looks deeper then it should be and just hope a big gust of wind doesn't come up.
I would have topped alot further up and probably wouldn't even need the pull line.

that's awesome, i didn't even notice that. looks like something that ends up in a "tree felling fail" youtube video-

Back