201tc

Ran another two tanks through it today on a spar. It's getting stronger, still hoping for more but it's getting there. I have a tendency to blip the throttle after a big cut ( to clear the bar of any chips) and it stalled out after a couple of times. It fired right back up though.

`I have a tendency to blip the throttle after a big cut ( to clear the bar of any chips) and it stalled out after a couple of times. It fired right back up though.

Wth? That aint good.

that happened once to me today

black oak removal one of those single stemmed and curvy as they come.
i switched from 201tc to 372xp when the wood got over 20"

everyting was 201tc up till then

on the whole much better every day.
definitely happier times today

tomorrow will be my new 201tc vs bosses 201t.
on 5 more white/black oak prunes.

it's a showdown!

today was lighter on cutting than the rest of the week (2 smaller white oaks) but she still got something of a workout and lordamercy she was perfect and a total pleasure to work with.

8" white oak snap cuts and no troubles at all.

:thumbup:
Mines getting stronger with every tank. I just got down from a red oak removal and was making 8-12" topping and limb cuts to hang. It was able to keep up with the long limbs in 25-30 mph winds with no splitting. Really liking it

ok. good same here.
it's probably the PS3

running real nice now.
total pleasure to deal with especially with the changing temps that used to play hell with the old 201t

Sorry I missed your question Ben. I think about $650. I can call and check tomorrow.
I've got quite a few tanks run through it now. It's been the real deal. I'm still getting used to the starting. No drop starting while holding the trigger. It starts great if you can remember that.

This is good to hear Rich. Husqvarna really dropped the ball on their electronics... good to hear that Sthil's stuff is looking a darn-sight better at present. I'm still mad at them for my first 201, though.

I got both PS3 63 safety chain and straight PS 63 yellow chain. The green PS3 is crap.
Yellow PS chain is like night and day. Check it out.

I'll double check what I've got. I know that they stock it for the company I work for because I requested it. Same reason they now stock the skip tooth for my 28&32" bars. I don't know the actual part number but I will remember to get it.

If it's Yellow 63PS it's got no extra ramps only a depth gauge (raker). U.S. Stihl dealers are liability paranoid selling yellow on top handle saws with the new Picco chisel.
If you're a pro arborist no need for you to have to use green. You can find the yellow PS 63 chain if you ask for it. Here in Canada homeowners can buy it. We just don't have the "Ralph Nader" attitude up here for little things like that.

Damn. Forgot to check.
This saw seems to be the real deal. I'm really liking it. I don't foresee a long fast drop or a close encounter with a truck tire in its future.

I got the chance to borrow one of these for the last few days. Yeah its a big improvement on the 201T. Still not a 200, but a good saw. Id buy one if mine went down.

I'd agree. Mine at work is stock. I'm wondering what a muffler mod and timing adjustment would do for it. It's running great. I've run a few gallons through it by now

I just purchased a 201TC, will get to run it next week and Ill report back on how I like it....

Like all Stihl pro saws it take about 12+ tanks run thru it to get full power...

Ok, Really liking the stihl ms 201TC.....limbed up, throw top and chunked down a pondo today with it.

Bout 2 tanks thru it so far and it ripps nicely

comparible to my 200T

I picked up the one I bought of the trading post here, had it sent to my brothers, boxed it up and sent it to Tasmania...looked very nice, something to look forward to when I get back there!
Curious though it seemed like they had the wrong size combi spanner in the box, didn't seem to fit the spark plug...

To everyone that is still on about the legendary 200t have all of you not had the carb/fuel issues that plagued the half dozen or so that I had? You know where it starts to run a bit goofy and lean?

Also has anyone done any timed cut comparisons of the new 201TC vs a 200T?

To everyone that is still on about the legendary 200t have all of you not had the carb/fuel issues that plagued the half dozen or so that I had? You know where it starts to run a bit goofy and lean?

Also has anyone done any timed cut comparisons of the new 201TC vs a 200T?

Never really had those issues with a 200 Justin. I used the 201tc and 200t w/o spark screen alternately on the heli job just recent. No contest mate, not even close. The 201 is quiet, ergonomic, better fuel consumption and starts and stops when it should. But that's it. It's not a fast cutter by any means. If your limbing 80 braniches per tree but having to undercut them all because they're all tearing out too soon, that's a lot of time wasted throughout a day. With a functional 200, it's one cut every time.

Back