Drone for Christmas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm no expert but I believe huge Jets are most vulnerable when they take off or land. Which generally occur at ... Well , Airports! Not very hard for an average low budget Jihadi to figure out.

And history impedes itself ... Brits shut down second biggest airport to all flights. Why ? Drones ... Hmmmm wonder who would do such a thing.

It amuses me, LOL. 40 years of heavy smoking - is there anyone I can blame but me? Ha. What pisses me off is that despite regular check-ups ('77 to NOW) at the VA, it wasn't found until it was at stage 4. Lordy... I was told "Many cancers are asymptomatic."

Well, frig me. :drink:

Ummmmmmmmmmmm no thanx, ye ain't built rite!
Wow, guess i don't read all sections of forum;
tough break, bro, really sorry to hear that.
Is that what new avatar is about?
As far as other drones...
max1_0.png

This is from Parrot drones, Jumping Sumo down to $30 this season,used to be like $150.
Android controlled, not too far wifi tho.
i don't have the lights, so battery may last longer to 20 minutes.
This thing has a camera(not HD but usable) on it can see on fone,
is fast,
JUMPS 2feet up or forward!! >> always lands rite!
For $30 great way to chase and harass dogs, cats and our Cockatoo during his daily reign of roaming free terror against other pets, wood work etc.
Has audio, but not played with that.
They have a sleeker Spider model too, just thin spindle between wheels, camera, no jumping tho
>>looks like something you'd see rolling inside of duct work on a James Bond movie!

My guess it isn't random , a probe to plan a future coordinated attacks all at once on multiple major airports. Buncha cheap drones and some terrorists go a long way.

Some sorta conical grate.

Gotta be some reason to not prevent large birds from getting sucked into the engines on occasion.

I wonder if airplanes push enough air to force most things out of the way. I think that you very rarely hit birds with cars because of the air being deflected around the car. Birds are very light and more easily pushed away by air, as compared to say, a moose or deer.

edit: our modern world is crazy...GOOGLE!

...here some of the reasoning
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/nyregion/22engines.html

Ultimately, turbulence in front of the engine is problematic. Birds are soft, and any grating material would be hard.

Engines are made to eat 4-8 pound birds. Recently fattened up birds fly short distances because they are so heavy. Later in migration, they're fitter and leaner.

I got my grandson a drone for Christmas.......already buying replacement parts. He didn't have his battery snapped in tight, and down she came. LOL

My kids first two was quadcopters, I told him, fly it down the drive some. Bottom of the tear drop I said. Reminded him of all the trees and the pool. Guess what :lol:
First he had to climb a tree in full gear to get it.
Second, ladder up the roof.
Third, pool got it.
Then his second drone.....
Don't leave it where the animals can find it.......
He started in the appropriate places with it that time. No drowning any way. Then the dog got it. Goats took over..... poor thing....
Grandma, just bought him one with a camera for Christmas...... I should start a pool :/:

Haha! That's excellent! I definitely love some of the tree vids out there done with drones.
My 16 year old is bugging me a little to try climbing. His mom would probably skin me alive though.

I told the boy, if he gets good enough to film our tree work, ill go in with him on a proper one with cam.
Enlightened him, that folks make money doing it for commercials and websites and whatnot. He is now inspired.

Back