Protective Eyeware that doesn't make me look like a Bass Pro Fisherman?

Kabir424

TreeHouser
Does anyone have a favorite pair of sunglasses that don't make me think I should have a rod and reel in one hand and some Keystone Light in the other? This is not necessarily to disparage any of those because I have had my share of terrible beer and I do enjoy fishing. I also have worn plenty of sunglasses that make me think I should be fishing. In fact, I am wearing a pair of the Jackson Nemesis glasses right now. They are cheap and effective. But, when it gets down to it, they aren't my style. I usually wear sunglasses like the ones below but I can't seem to find a good pair of PPE eyeware that looks like that. Do y'all have any favorites?

Ironman-Mens-Driven-Polarized-Sport-Sunglasses-P13910571.jpg

One of our climbers wears Spy brand sunglasses. They're super trendy stylish things. I called him out in it and he handed them over to me. Sure enough it had the z87 markings on them. So...maybe check there?

Otherwise, we get a few varieties from Galeton for dirt cheap. Some look pretty good.

love
nick

Ha, ha, your next boss will tell you to be content with the $20 goggles to go over prescription glasses. You'll be cussing him before the first week is out.:)

John....that's what they told me.
Ballistic grade.

But the good thing is I've done without corrective lenses for 15 years and it's a trip to wear glasses again.....makes me see in HD with the bonus of protection.

I was told by a chainsaw instructor that the concern with impact resistant lenses was not just wood chips...they don't get going that fast. But if part of a running chain breaks off (part of a tooth?) or you hit metal in the tree...then you have a high speed metal object that could hit the eye.

I really like wire mesh goggles...don't fog, no stiff temple bars to cause problems with the ear muffs...but they are not impact Z87 resistant...at least none I have seen so far.

I don't care how they LOOK but if I could have impact resistant lenses that did not fog...that is the ticket to me.

Does anyone have a favorite pair of sunglasses that don't make me think I should have a rod and reel in one hand and some Keystone Light in the other?

No. Mine will make you look like Joe Dirt.

Hilarious thread, man.

I'm with Pantharaba... mesh seems like the way to go. No Fog! Only thing... I haven't rain-tested them yet!

I'm digging the blue treestuff ones as well, but I wear my regular glasses in the tree, clearer vision vision helps my confidence in the tree. I have to get a pair of script-safeties.

Walking/ turning into a branch can poke out an eye. A local logger lost an eye a couple years back just walking in the woods. Mesh may not protect as well for a branch/ stub poke, dunno. I've worn BugEyes. Not for me.

Those Treestuff glasses are what I like. Good coverage / fit for my face. Stihl sells the same as 2 clear / 2 tinted for about $12.

Back