WTB chip truck

802climber

TreeHouser
I am potentially looking to upgrade my chip truck.

I am looking for something that has been maintained, is relatively clean and not too rusty.

Would like to find a crew cab F550 or F450 (7.3 diesel preferred) with L-packs and Southco (or similar) chip body, removable roof preferred.

Located in southern VT. Will travel for the right truck. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tighten up the F 350 and spend 10-15 on an Alum chip body. You'll be good to go for yrs.

My early 1 tons had fifteen yard boxes..... And heavy leaf packs. Did pretty well actually

But I'd like something like Darin's Isuzu....I think Nick has one too....

For the city, I need compact and tight.....or huge for volume, I've always loved IHC. International.

Ideally something huge with a knuckleboom and removable roof....and a spot for a stump grinder or mini.....I got a Class A...so whatever, right?

Sorry for any derail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still no luck. While I do like the truck, it is really not enough truck and is falling apart. Received 10k estimate to tighten it up 😳. Only have 7k in this truck. Have not found much of anything out there.. Looking in the 20k range.

I have an Isuzu NQR, pretty good payload and bomb turn radius, perfect for our op. Maybe go can and chassis route and fab a box. That's what I did and pretty happy with the result. Holds about 12 yards and pulls a Bandit 150 no problem.

Ya, buying from not-a-tree-guy, might make sense. Especially if you can find an ex-municipal rig or something.

I know of a ex asplund ford 7000 man cab and chip box in sothern vt can be had reasonable any intrest I'll pass you more info. Can send pics if you pm a #
Joel

I have thought about this, since I use my pick-up as a tool truck, and don't have too many crew compared to seats. Your load height is pretty high. Mine is 41" (IIRC). I bought 10' aluminum, engineered ramps, about $1200 delivered. Currently, I load into the bed.

I might be better to modify the man cab and still have a covered, locking door. You would want some sort of loading/ unloading exhaust extension hose like repair shops use to move the exhaust out of the shop.

You can't unload in one road lane with a side loading set-up, as a drawback.

Carl pointed me to Discountramps.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know of a ex asplund ford 7000 man cab and chip box in sothern vt can be had reasonable any intrest I'll pass you more info. Can send pics if you pm a #
Joel

Thanks Joel. I need 4x4, shoulda mentioned.

Back