CHIPDROP.INC

I got some good locations on my map. I got a snapshot of the local,current drop spots almost immediately, from the "Chip Drop support team".

Strange not to see this on TB and here, from ChipDrop themselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got some good locations on my map. I got a snapshot of the local,current drop spots almost immediately, from the "Chip Drop support team".

Strange not to see this on TB and here, from ChipDrop themselves.

I invited him! I think he lurks :lol:

We have people contacting us asking for wood chips. We do give them away as it is convenient for us. I have several sites in different areas that take as much as we can give them.

I do also recommend mulching to people and I will offer to sell the chips. $165/8-9 yard load delivered within 12 miles. It's my opinion that we have a valuable product, the buyer just doesn't know it, and because of that the market is flooded with free chips. More people are realizing the value, but not quite willing to pay.

I moved from Maui almost 4 years ago. Back there, every load of chips was sold for about $20-25/yard.

There will be those times where it's just not practical to sell every load, but think of how many people spend money on inferior mulch products. Our chips may not be quite as perfect and consistent, but ecologically they are superior.

I have people call and we tell them $20 per yard delivered. Some laugh, some pay. We have convenient dump sites for free, we're not going to drive around the valley, mess around in a narrow driveway for free. If someone down the street from the job wants whatever's in the truck and it's easy, we'll give it to them, no prob.

For $20, I'm dropping chips about a mile from my work site, tomorrow, and rolling right back for putting oak logs in the chip bed. So easy.

Jeez.

I paid a LOT the other day for the dump.

I gotta get on the chipdrop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edit...

Just put sown a credit card and now... I got a couple places local for 20 bucks..

I dumped today at a non-profit school with a "nature-play" playground. I was in a rush, so didn't get a picture of the play ground. Another time, perhaps. About 1 mile from my job.

I'm starting to use this site more. I have a couple free spots already but it's nice when I can get a spot near the job site. I just got off the phone with a guy who wants chips AND logs and he lives a half mile away from my oak removal job on Monday. He will take the whole tree, chips and logs. :boogie:

Does no-one want to buy chips? Or you just have so much it's unrealistic to try and sell them?

It's faster to drop around the corner, than across town.

I sell chips on occasion.

On Chipdrop, there are people who pay ~$20 to Chipdrop to receive (free to arbos) and those who are not paying to receive, and the Arbo pays $20 to Chipdrop.

Not sure if there is a e-credit account where arbos store a portion of the money when homeowners pay, to go toward the next Arbo paid drop. Used to be that way.

Does no-one want to buy chips? Or you just have so much it's unrealistic to try and sell them?

It's easier and faster to just give them away. Plus, it's harder for someone to complain about the occasional log or bit of rakings that often get tossed into the mix when it's free.

Easier to sell it around here if it's in bags. I'd like to find a cheap source for bags.

My jobs are small so I've been leaving chips on site for custys.

If I had large quantities I have a few free dump sites, landscape supply yards, some farms.

Peter you can get free grain (barley?) bags around here used in beer making. The guys would love to give them to you and see them live a second life.

I took 300 to use as garbage bags and didn't even begin to put a dent in his stash.

Spots in town are few and far between, but it still comes in handy sometimes. I just snagged a spot for tomorrow that's 2 blocks from a buddy's shop. I had to text him and rub it in! :lol:

Back