Matt Cornell Rope Saddle thread

If I did this stuff for money, I'd certainly have a Transporter. Couldn't justify the cost for my purposes, but I tried!

Did some view work yesterday, large shem biner stitched in place was great! fits the handle of a 2511 perfectly.

need to tweak the setup a bit more, not as comfy as my last MRCS tie. Minor changes really affect the fit on this saddle, frustrating to setup but sweet once dialed in.

One thing I appreciate about the MCRS is the easy compatibility of large rings with every connector. Locking snaps don't fit some rigging plates.

Two bridges with anchor bends are crowded, though.

I wouldn't mind a saw holder upgrade. My Kong paddle biner, taped open, works well, but a bit more trouble than what you're coming up with...Staying tuned for updates.

Scrap leather cut to 4x8ish folded in half to hide the edges. Speedy stitched right through the belting and padding. Side edges are hidden under the rope holding webbing. Maybe like 45min start to finish

Attachments

• 2020-01-27 21.07.52.jpg
    2020-01-27 21.07.52.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 20
Just adding an update. Supposably the dozen sets of pads have been shipped to the lucky recipients. Not sure of a release date yet but it’s getting closer. I’m wondering if anyone here is a tester for it?

Looks like it’s available to purchase now. Very interesting concept, I’m looking forward to seeing how folks build theirs. I probably won’t get one for a while but I’m intrigued. Wish the TreeMotion or newer Sequoia forward Ds/ rigging plates were available.
4F39B369-293E-4D41-A12F-02DB181BF8CC.jpeg

Just wish the lower Ds/ forward Ds/ rigging plates were available to purchase so they can be added to modular saddles. I got Rock Exotica TriRigs on my Ergovation and they work ok for a lanyard but I’d like the bigger Ds like the TM.

Reactions: DMc
Oh, gotcha. For what it's worth, as much as I enjoyed my MCRS, I have decided that the TM S.light is a far better work harness for me.

The configurations I saw were interesting. Some very colorful as well. I think I saw 6 in person and a few others on facey space. Pretty awesome being there and hearing them discuss the different reasons they chose things the way they did. Missed out on the rec climb because of storm work though.

Not at the moment. I just got my monkey beaver recently and I’m really liking it. Comfortable as can be. I will say that the leather on this new saddle is prime. I hung in one of the prototypes that Matt laced up and it was damn close to perfect. I just happened to be at Endors when they were fine tuning some things and got asked for my opinion since I was the right size (= not the same as Matt but close enough to check for cross over). Eyelet placement on the main belt may or may not be from my suggestion. I have no idea if they received my input well or not. I just know that I was invited to the launch party.

Yeah i couldnt makenit because of those high winds. I have all the materials i need to configure mine. Will do so soon.

Got some hardware on the way, and I think I’ve decided on some cordage. Gimme a week or two and it should be done. In my mind, it’s gonna be sweet, so we’ll see how delusional I am ;)

Gonna do rigging plates for the hip Ds and a pair of Russ Anderson SMC figure 8s for the lower Ds. As far as I can tell there’s no other deaf 8s that have a hole in the center that I want for the rope bridge.
0A61C284-5A55-452E-B1DB-1258B3B36968.jpeg

Back