Matt Cornell Rope Saddle thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Evan...good to see your set up...and good to see hanging out. Looks like the zip ties are to keep the saddle saw biner in a constant orientation. I have a big biner on my MCRS too but it flops some...I'll try your idea.

This is how I have my shem biner attached. @ruel

Your saddle doesn't have the ropes across the back like mine???

and some still shots of attachment

shem biner resized  (1).jpg shem biner resized  (2).jpg shem biner resized  (3).jpg shem biner resized  (4).jpg shem biner resized  (5).jpg

There is a big thing on it at TB, Matt made a new or revised saddle that is coming out soon I think.

Gary how do you like the saddle? Btw I used zip ties for similar things on my saddle. And velcro strips are real handy too for fastening stuff down in a more or less permanent way.

Thanks Gary that looks pretty solid, I'm thinking to speed stitch on another piece of belting or seatbelt webbing.

Bought mine used, no ropes on it because I'm splicing up new ones, not sure how old the ones on there were.

The new MRCS looks like an improvement. Has slots in the belting for carabiners, not commercially available tho.

Thanks Gary that looks pretty solid. I'm thinking to speed stitch on another piece of belting or seatbelt webbing. But probably I'll be rocking some zip ties until then

Bought mine used, no ropes on it because I'm splicing up new ones, not sure how old the ones on there were.

The new MRCS looks like an improvement. Has slots in the belting for carabiners, not commercially available tho.

Gary how do you like the saddle? Btw I used zip ties for similar things on my saddle. And velcro strips are real handy too for fastening stuff down in a more or less permanent way.

It has been a very good saddle...comfortable and rugged. I am learning to love zip ties...have them at strategic locations in tool bag, trailer, shop, truck. I also keep a good set of side cutters nearby to trim excess. Regular cutters leave a razor sharp tip/spike barely sticking out....flush cutters cut excess and make them safe.

Zip ties are awesome, but you can also use string line or similar small stuff. Just use a constrictor knot, and marline knots around something to tighten. Works as a makeshift hose clamp too!

Here's my saw clip...

20200119_085645.jpg

Note the camlock. You can take it off and use it as an ascender :^P

It works surprisingly well. I have no problems using it one handed. It's some kind of hitching gizmo from homedepot. Expensive for it's intended use. I think I paid $16 for it. That's a lot of money to avoid learning a truckers hitch.

Never been a fan of a hot, sharp, oily saw touching my saddle. I’ve always just let her hang off a lanyard/ leash, probably around 4 foot.
I’ll clip it a little closer if I’m going for a swing though.

Back