This is the Akimbo

Have you any need for Kickstarter, or another crowd funding.

Someone posting on treebuzz got 150k for a grappling hook, not nearly as cool as the Akimbo, by a longshot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
holy crumbs! i saw that grapple, it looked cool. i had no idea they raised that much. it is something im going to have to look into for sure.

Absolutely, inventive tree people need to be learning about and using Kickstarter type programs. I think there are at least several others.

Results may be different because of a much smaller user base but hey, even a few thousand $ could take strain off the personal finances and spread risk a bit to those who stand to benifit anyway. That can be a part of the reward for endless hours of thinking and refining etc..

Could also offer the opportunity for supportive types to "pre buy" units off the forum. If you end up going onto a full KS type program those people could be switched into that.

so.. they've been trying to deliver my bolts to the wrong address all week :X. but, the extra time has led me astray and i redesigned the bottom bollard. i never could make a roller work on the bottom, but i finally got it. by adding a pin to the top assembly it pushes the rope off the top roller and grabs harder. hopefully that means it will work on a wider range of rope sizes.:) IMG_1626.jpg IMG_1629.jpg IMG_1627.jpg

ive only had a brief chance to run it today, but i had to check to see if it was still there a couple of times. so smooth!

got my bolts \\:D/, so i can turn this...
IMG_1618.jpg
into this...
IMG_1637.jpg
into these!
IMG_1647.jpg

unfortunately (or fortunately i guess) i now have to wait for more rollers :whine:.

Back